Tillotson

Timmonday

I have a 212 open the throttle is stuck at about 1/4 throttle i have rebuilt it and torn down 3 times and am still having same problem cant find any trash or see any problem and the butterfly is as it should be can anybody help out? Thanks

If the throttle is positioned correctly and it won’t idle down it may be running lean. Are you on gas or methanol? Have you removed the Welch plug and cleaned the low side metering holes? Also check for air leaks around all your gaskets. Fire it up and spray WD-40 around the gaskets. It the RPMs drop you have a leak.

I've heard that the pointed ends of the adjustment needles can break off and get stuck in the metering holes if they were closed over tightly and the carb was left to sit unused for any length of time with any amount of residual fuel left in it from the corosion caused by the methanol, would cause an over lean condition if you're opening them to just the typical number of turns, when a Tilly is lean, the motor rpms pick up just as it would do when it is running out of fuel....

Back