Tilly HL 360B

JKF66

Recently acquired a tilly HL 360 B carb. Upon closer examination I looked at the low speed screw and it looks to me like this is a gas carb. What do I have to do to convert this to methanol? Thanks.

EC Lists the 360 B as a 2cycle gas carb This carb is no longer available in new form. If you want it converted call EC carbs and get it done right. They will tell you if it is feasible or not.

Ya it's a gas carb, .875 venturi with a 1.060 throttle bore, could be used on any engine wanting to run gas for fuel, needs a low side alky needle, lower pop-off and higher arm height and an increase in the needle hole and increase in the drill pattern under the low side welsh plug, how much depends on what it's gonna be used on. Jon

I had a 360B that EC fixed for Meth. I asked him about it on here one day and he said he had fixed a few and the were very good and mine was really ,really good on every engine I moved it to , there was a reason but I cant quite remember why he said he fixed the 360 B for meth , might of just been a availability problem, that comes to my mind for some reason, so there are a few out there fixed for meth.

I had several long conversations with EC but unfortunatley he passed before I could really get into his head. Brilliant man...brilliant. So I have been just trying to wing it ever since. I knew this was a gas carb as soon as I saw the low side needle but the price was right. I am just a little confused about the size of the holes in the drill pattern for methanol.

JKF

EC designed the B and the C when we discovered the airflow bonus of going to the 1.060 throttle bore in some 348's we were building, when we ran out of 360C's the plan was to just convert the B's because as it worked out we had a very limited use for an .875 venturi gas carb at the time. Jon

Back