Time to get the dyno going.

na2slow2

Well the dyno is functioning with the torque meter, load it up with the valve full throttle till the engine almost dies. Then I open it and let off the throttle. Took a year off from the experiment time to get my motor building back up to par. It worked but now I need to hook it up to a laptop somehow. I have saw the Arduino boards and sensors, so im thinking a load cell, magnetic hall sensor for rpm, temp and humidity, and maybe another temp for egt to tune with. What other sensor would be needed for a hydraulic dyno. I also need some software to run it, I know Alvin had some but I just saw he is no longer cruising the site. Has anyone been successful with the Arduino uno, nano, raspberry setups. If so what software are you using the cheaper the better. Free being the best..

Yes the data mite , i think it is . Somewhere in the 150 range .
Some intersting stuff on you tube , just have to filter the crap out .
Especially since you only need the data end of it .

I might give data q a try. Will it work with the Arduino Nano though is my problem, or will the arduino nano style sensors work with its data acquisition box.

I dont think you even need the audrino .
I have not ran it . Im in same situation as you .
My stuska has an old style data box might be there's . Its just a box with sensors no aditional equipment .
Obviously the more you connect the more needs you will have .
I just have never tried it .

Dataq works well. I've built my dyno with it. I use a load cell also. The dataq box is very affordable, and fairly simple to use. I have the load cell, head temp, rpm, and o2 sensor hooked up. The only thing is that it just records the torque. you can calculate the hp manually. or if you have Microsoft excel, you can import the file there and build a spreadsheet to do the calculations and graph it out.i can help out if you want to go that route.

Yourdyno.com
Very happy with mine. Very cheap. All options you could want. Buy only what you need
Very close to buying a daq system from Your Dyno for use with an eddy current brake. What type of brake are you using and are you using the system for auto brake control?

No, I have a water brake, but I'm sure you would be happy with their system. Friendly and extremely helpful. I ordered every option I could get on mine, even though I don't use them right now.

Dataq works well. I've built my dyno with it. I use a load cell also. The dataq box is very affordable, and fairly simple to use. I have the load cell, head temp, rpm, and o2 sensor hooked up. The only thing is that it just records the torque. you can calculate the hp manually. or if you have Microsoft excel, you can import the file there and build a spreadsheet to do the calculations and graph it out.i can help out if you want to go that route.

I ran across some software it was free download not sure if it stays that way, but it didn't mention any trial period. It has a calibration of the load cell on it so it might work with our type of dyno. https://www.sportdevices.com/download.php its called sport dyno and looks real easy. If it works with Dataq box that would be awesome looks like it graphs horsepower, torque, roller rpm, and engine.

I ran across some software it was free download not sure if it stays that way, but it didn't mention any trial period. It has a calibration of the load cell on it so it might work with our type of dyno. https://www.sportdevices.com/download.php its called sport dyno and looks real easy. If it works with Dataq box that would be awesome looks like it graphs horsepower, torque, roller rpm, and engine.
Have you been able to use the download that you put in the link? Any feedback?

Back