Time to redo the trailer floor

At the time it sounded like a good idea to tile my enclosed trailer with the checkered black and white tiles. Worked great for a couple of years but now they are pulling up. What has been proven to work? What have you guys done successfully? It’s a 6x12 v nose.
Thanks
Dana

We used this on our job trailer and that thing takes a beating everyday. Has held up great. Pretty sure it comes in different colors. We used grey. So I’d assume for a race trailer, it’d work great.

Attachments

• D3FE4DB5-E664-4193-B2E6-FFE2B150D05C.png
    D3FE4DB5-E664-4193-B2E6-FFE2B150D05C.png
    217 KB · Views: 45
If ease of cleaning, and looking good are important, anything with texture will be hard to sweep or mop. Will also have a dirty look because it is impossible to clean the crevices.

We sprinkled some silica sand between coats of floor paint for the walkways in our parts room. It is miserable to try to sweep and always has a dusty look.
If the hose, or pressure washer is an option, ???

I went and got a roll of laminate flooring from lowes for $70 laid the whole piece and glued it and worked my bubbles out to the sides. Let dry for a day then put quarter moon molding all way around the edges. Works like a champ

I used a good linoleum adhesive, and found some leftovers on clearance. Checkboard pattern, solid piece, for a 6x12. Worked well. I took up the metal trim first, and re-screwed it down when glue was dry.

To state the obvious ; the floor would need too be in good shape with no chemicals, oil , prep ,fuel or any other liquid soaked in .
I mopped mine, which had been stained with oil and tire prep, with pine sol first. It smelled fresh for most of the rest of the year....lol.

Did the DIY Duplicolor roll on bed liner and very happy with it. They are not all the same and glad I went with the Duplicolor.

I wouldn't go with anything else if I had to do it again.

1 gallon kit (plus a quart for touch ups) did the job for me 2 coats on a 6x12 with the ramp. I went 4" up on the side walls as well.

For the adhering to the wood. Like any other paint type application it is all about the prep and clean surface (as possible) and a good coat of primer. Mine was new when I started and put my D-rings in as well.

Did the DIY Duplicolor roll on bed liner and very happy with it. They are not all the same and glad I went with the Duplicolor.

I wouldn't go with anything else if I had to do it again.

1 gallon kit (plus a quart for touch ups) did the job for me 2 coats on a 6x12 with the ramp. I went 4" up on the side walls as well.

For the adhering to the wood. Like any other paint type application it is all about the prep and clean surface (as possible) and a good coat of primer. Mine was new when I started and put my D-rings in as well.
What type of primer did you use?

Back