Time to replace?

Brian and Jimbo. It sounds like there is a market for heat cycled heads and I can help. Send me a new head, a gasket and a case of beer and I will put them on my sons kart. He will work on heat cycling them while i work on the case of beer. Once complete I will ship it back and move on to the next...

I wish more people would just do the same with their own cylinder heads -- HP output would increase, practice days would be more profitable for tracks, and maybe the driving would improve on race days. :)

The valve seat and head deck surface warpage is all caused from head temperatures above a threshold point. If you could keep the cylinder head temps below 325 F very minimal to no head rebuilding would be necessary, at least not for a long time! We have validated this from other 206 engine applications where head temps are below 325 F. Also not to mention what happens to your intake valve lash " valve duration profile" at elevated temps.........!!
Besides that a colder cylinder head makes more HP than a hot head! Just ask any experienced drag racer "from the old days" about using ice.................
On a side note....a properly designed exhaust system with a port extention would be a big plus to reduce cylinder head distortions!
Steve

Last edited:
What ever you do don't ever restrict air flow through the blower housing or take the tin air shield that wraps around the top of the cylinder off.
Don't run the engine with the air inlet taped up or without the plastic cooling fins on the flywheel.
Sticky tires and a tight go kart can also spike head temps.
Road racing and lugging the engine on a long straight or up a hill can be a head warper.
Methanol would be a way to reduce the head temps also but i'm pretty sure we will never see that for a stock 206.

Back