Timing advance help?

Gx270

I have a gx270
Ported head milled .080
Heavier springs
Header pipe
Ngk hot plug

Running a mikuni 28m
It runs extremely rich following the mikuni tuning process, leaned it up but just can't seem to get it right

I think timing will fix me up but need help
NR sales advanced timing keys 2 degree through 12 degrees

Can anyone with this similar application tell me what's best for me???

I have a gx270
Ported head milled .080
Heavier springs
Header pipe
Ngk hot plug

Running a mikuni 28m
It runs extremely rich following the mikuni tuning process, leaned it up but just can't seem to get it right

I think timing will fix me up but need help
NR sales advanced timing keys 2 degree through 12 degrees

Can anyone with this similar application tell me what's best for me???
I think the term is "leaned it down", less fuel. Try leaning it down more. If your description is right, it's apparently still too rich.

I'll keep tuning it's weird just cant seem to get my mid range just just right and have tried every notch on the needle

Did I mess up the timing by milling the head is there a sweet spot I feel like I'm leaving some power on the table and over all smoothness

I don't know what degree will run best with my set up and it would save me a little money in testing these keys and on and off with the flywheel would like to lap it once

Thanks for the help guys

Let me ask you; where's the timing set, in degrees? How many cc in the Combustion chamber? What's the Compression pressure? What plug?

Sometimes Ignition parst go bad!

Not knowing where its at is the big thing .
shot in the dark a 6* .
Like Flattop1 said, shot in the dark!
Why not invest a little money into a degree wheel, and timing light. Extremely easy to use. Throw way the keys and just lap the flywheel on to the crank.
ARC has an excellent video on how to do this. They also have good videos on a lot of other subject concerning building engines.

Back