Timing gauge to check clone or predator

DynoDon

I built this gauge back in the day of the clone with stock timing. I have since improved it for actual timing on the clone at the track or on the Dyno. It is now available to check timing on the predator without a degree wheel or removing engine from kart. $65 shipped. Instructions and timing graph included

Attachments

• 8839797E-386E-4228-A1F0-1AB0DD44E325.jpeg
    8839797E-386E-4228-A1F0-1AB0DD44E325.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 8BECDCCA-D7B9-4EFE-AD7B-7DC8C7F95036.jpeg
    8BECDCCA-D7B9-4EFE-AD7B-7DC8C7F95036.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 254
Yesterday I had an engine on the Dyno. It was running fine during the break in stage. I wrapped it a few times and it was good on throttle response. Next thing you know it starts fowling the plug. I studied it for a little bit. And then I thought wow there’s no way that carburetor could’ve gone bad while it was running like that. So I pulled the Air shroud. Brought the piston to top dead center and noticed that the timing marks were quite where they should be. So while it was on the Dyno I stuck my gauge in it and rolled the timing marks To where They should be and noticed that the timing was off. The dial indicator was way off in regards to where the piston belongs in the hole when lining up the timing marks. Took the fly wheel off reset the wheel according to the dial indicator retorqued everything and bingo back in business. No need for a degree wheel.

I built this gauge back in the day of the clone with stock timing. I have since improved it for actual timing on the clone at the track or on the Dyno. It is now available to check timing on the predator without a degree wheel or removing engine from kart. $65 shipped. Instructions and timing graph included
I would like to purchase one. Please send the information to HCSengineering@aol.com

Yesterday I had an engine on the Dyno. It was running fine during the break in stage. I wrapped it a few times and it was good on throttle response. Next thing you know it starts fowling the plug. I studied it for a little bit. And then I thought wow there’s no way that carburetor could’ve gone bad while it was running like that. So I pulled the Air shroud. Brought the piston to top dead center and noticed that the timing marks were quite where they should be. So while it was on the Dyno I stuck my gauge in it and rolled the timing marks To where They should be and noticed that the timing was off. The dial indicator was way off in regards to where the piston belongs in the hole when lining up the timing marks. Took the fly wheel off reset the wheel according to the dial indicator retorqued everything and bingo back in business. No need for a degree wheel.
been doing that for 35 years

Ca
n you send me information on getting one

Will this work on stroked clones and predators as well or does that throw the chart off?

A little more work with the predator because of removing the exhaust. However, if you know where the firing point is at the flywheel and magnet the answer is yes

Back