Tips on Qualifying in the SouthEast

hotrod92

Do yall have any tips on preparing tires for qualifying in the SE? I know this is a generic question, but we've been struggling on finding speed in Q, the tracks are leaning towards high bite by Q. Tires are 50-60cc tires.

Any tips and tricks are appreciated

More times than not when anyone is off in qualifying there lacking grip and when maxxis I'd say it increases those odds, Based on your info much greater chance your lacking grip as well your not using enough internal to get the tire in the track enough, even when that's right then you must have enough external grip with proper air pressure. What are you wiping with ? what air pressures ?

I always try to duplicate the best lap I had in practice. I learned this very early in my racing career. Inevitably, if I tried to push just a little harder, I ended up going slower.

Do yall have any tips on preparing tires for qualifying in the SE? I know this is a generic question, but we've been struggling on finding speed in Q, the tracks are leaning towards high bite by Q. Tires are 50-60cc tires.

Unless you are Super Heavy, and thats still questionable depending on what internal, you dont have enough inside treatment.
Class dictates what youre going to do with tires also, so you will get generic answers.
Feel free to give me a call if you would like to talk more specific.

Not enough Internal is for sure part of your issue with lacking speed, on AVG about how many 10th are you off ? are you qualifying with same tires as racing ?

We typically run 6-7 on air. We have been on Insanity speed. Thinking of going to pink magic. On average we are about 2-3 tenths off in qualifying. also in the race sometimes we are in the mix and sometimes we are still 1-2 tenths off pace.

You can achieve what you're looking for with most prep lines, so go with the one you get support from. Earl with Southern Comfort will take the time and get you on the correct setup.

We typically run 6-7 on air. We have been on Insanity speed. Thinking of going to pink magic. On average we are about 2-3 tenths off in qualifying. also in the race sometimes we are in the mix and sometimes we are still 1-2 tenths off pace.
Your close, just switching prep without support isn't going to get you there, your asking South East good chance Earl knows the track or tracks your racing at, Do yourself a favor call Earl at SO CO you'll be glad you did.

There is no ideal tire or prep for qualifying like some may think. Its all about matching the correct tire to the surface. As a rule of thumb we will runner a little older tire that is worn fairly thin in qualifying. Typically you are only going to run off the outside prep for a couple of laps so the a thinner tire is going to be better. I agree with what a lot of people said about inside, 60cc is ok for 95 degree middle of summer but as the temp falls you will need more inside. I good rule of thumb at most tracks is a 4-6 week tire in qualifying. Some may run a little newer or older but this is a good starting point.

I always try to duplicate the best lap I had in practice. I learned this very early in my racing career. Inevitably, if I tried to push just a little harder, I ended up going slower.
Would you agree I going up a 1/2 pound in air from your best practice to qualifying?

Dirt oval. Burris tires 33 rule
Al's racing experience was all sprint races a long time ago on asphalt, taking that approach on dirt oval will get you no where, as you better be getting a lot faster than your practice laps. Now to answer your question provided your air is close in practice YES you will add to qualify and more than a half pound.

Back