Tire Advice Would be Appreciated

It’s been 18 years since I last ran asphalt and then we were running 550 Dunlops on the left side and 900 Firestones on the right. Going to run Cross Roads in October. I know the tire rule is Vegas didn’t know if things were still similar or what. Any prepping or scuffing need to be done before?

8.0 Yellow Vega on the right, 4.50 Yellow Vega on the left.

Never been to Cross Roads, but id go 2 oz of internal in the rights, 1.5 in the left sides, uncut/not scuffed,

What kinda internal would you use? I’m using Donnie Nall’s prep on dirt dunno if thatll work on asphalt
For Jasper Asphalt I’m not sure I would internally prep the tires. I believe there will be enough karts there to put rubber down. If you decided to prep internally I would go with Hot Lap 2/ HL2.

If it bites up good, I'd be on a set of flat cuts with some conditioner internal like our Medium Rare. 2 oz. in the right sides, 1 ounce in the lefts.
4.50s and 8.00s. If it indeed takes rubber, you will want a set of scuffs, or at least something with a heat cycle or two pushed through them.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Jasper will take rubber throughout the day. If I remember correctly turns one and two will see shade earlier than the rest of the track so don't forget to try and free the kart up some at the sun gets lower in the sky later in the afternoon.

If it were me I wouldn't prep them at all until you scuff them in and see what kind of bite you get. JMO maybe some pro blend tire cleaner on the outside. lightly, after shaving the gum drops off.

I'd agree that a heat cycle or two can toughen the tire up a bit, but you don't want to lose the sidewalls on the tires either.
Personally, I like using an internal that helps keep the tire temperatures down and some fresh oils pulling through the contact patch.
You definitely don't want anything internal that will break the sidewalls down.

I'd agree that a heat cycle or two can toughen the tire up a bit, but you don't want to lose the sidewalls on the tires either.
Personally, I like using an internal that helps keep the tire temperatures down and some fresh oils pulling through the contact patch.
You definitely don't want anything internal that will break the sidewalls down.
Whats best for breaking down sidewalls? Asphalt tires that are run on big cars on dirt.

Whats best for breaking down sidewalls? Asphalt tires that are run on big cars on dirt.
Our Pink Panther internal. This is what a lot of big car guys are using on stiff sidewall spec tires on dirt. I am sure there are other products that would work also.
Give us a call at the shop for more information.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back