tire bands

You might do well to support your local kart shop.
If they don't have them, or you choose to look elsewhere, we can help you.
We've got them as well.
Just give us a call -- all credit and bank debit cards accepted right over the phone, and FedEx shipping daily.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

None of the local shops carry the "solid" bands just the adjustable ones. Can you send me some pictures of your bands?

http://www.carlsonmotorsports.com/CREFeaturedItems.html
(About half way down the page on the right hand side.)

Our website is in drastic need of some updates (it was built with Windows '95 and the html program is no longer supported, the computer / hard drive storing the site is dead and without spending a tremendous amount of money and time, it looks like it won't be getting "fixed" anytime soon.)

With all that said; the current model adjustable tire band has a stronger (steel) handle as the only change.

If you need add'l pictures, I can try to take some for you today.

Thanks,
Brian

YMMV, but based on 15 years of doing kart tires and looking to stretch (or keep from stretching) tires for each corner of the kart, I would not trade my adjustable tire band for a fixed system for any amount of money. Just something to think about.

I wouldnt trade my tire rings for an adjustable band for any amount of money. Much more consistent and repeatable outcomes than with bands. I have good quality rings though, Larry Jones.

I have Jones, Core, & Lynn tire rings and I like each set of them for particular reasons.
None of them will work with indoor left rears, 1/4 midget stuff, sprint/road race stuff, etc that are all smaller than the 32 1/2" rings that are commonly offered. Without having something custom made, you'll be hard pressed to mount a small Burris 33 using something other than an adjustable band.
We still use adjustable bands in the shop, and for a racer that mounts his own tires, they are an affordable way to go.
Not everyone is in the tire business and demands top of the line equipment. And even those that do, have to diversify enough to accommodate all tire sizes.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

I use a tire mounting strap with the velcro. Not sure on the brand rocket strap maybe. Just another idea and cheaper way. I have found that I don't have to use nearly as much pressure with this as I did with the adjustable band that I was using.

We also offer a larger band to mount the bigger treaded tires used on the winged cage karts and the likes.
Just give us a call at the shop.
We take credit and bank debit cards right over the phone and can ship FedEx the same day you order.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

Back