Tire beed

Konger10

How much air pressure do you guys use to beed tires. On vegas 8.10 on 10 in rim I had to go upto 65 to get them bead. On left rears was up to 80 and stopped. Using tire band

How much air pressure do you guys use to beed tires. On vegas 8.10 on 10 in rim I had to go upto 65 to get them bead. On left rears was up to 80 and stopped. Using tire band
You were lucky. Often times it takes considerably more air than that.
Warming tires up to room temperature (70* or even higher) and using plenty of mounting lube (I use our Green Apple Clean Tire wash) sure helps in the mounting process.
Always be sure to use a tire band / cage and a clip on chuck with extension whip for safety when mounting tires.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

depends on the wheel used. the early production Missouri Van Ks need tons of pressure. Douglas Qs are the easiest IMO. new Van Kays are easier with Carolina VanK better still. have not mounted GTRs or a lot of WMS so...

You were lucky. Often times it takes considerably more air than that.
Warming tires up to room temperature (70* or even higher) and using plenty of mounting lube (I use our Green Apple Clean Tire wash) sure helps in the mounting process.
Always be sure to use a tire band / cage and a clip on chuck with extension whip for safety when mounting tires.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Does it work better than windex or soap. Think went though half bot

I use windex, I found that soap doesn't always dry and on a high grip track, sometimes the tire will pop off the the bead.
How tight are you making your band ? I measured out my band and made markings, right sides 33.75 lefts 32, it helps in the sizing process also.
Heat the tire up if you can, winter I'll use a torpedo heater, summer leave them out in the sun.
Good Luck

Does it work better than windex or soap. Think went though half bot
Definitely! And it dries cleanly so no issues of the tire coming off because of it.
Warming them up is the real key though I think. I've mounted them with Windex before too, just I have better success at lower psi mounting with Green Apple Clean.

Can I purchase this from you. I have trac tak tire wash does that work the same. Would you roll in hot box for a bit if so what temp. Thanks

Can I purchase this from you. I have trac tak tire wash does that work the same. Would you roll in hot box for a bit if so what temp. Thanks
Sure, just give us a call during business hours.
I can't speak for using TT tire wash as I've not used it to mount tires but I would think it would work.

Yes, warming the tires helps them to mount considerably easier. You can do it in a hotbox, heat gun, or just place them on your shop heater vent in these colder months. Summertime, just set them in the sun prior to mounting.

Tire Wash works good but our Track Tac Ice Blue Mounting Lube is what you need. The Ice Blue is designed for mounting, it is super slick and dries to a powder. You wont have any issues getting the tire on the wheel and when its dry theres no risk of it coming off.

Back