Tire chalk for camber adjustment

PRCracer

Has anyone used this method, using tire chalk on the front tires to match the camber to the banking on the track? I was curious and wanted to know how it's done as far as do you paint mark the inside of the LF and the outside of the RF and how much is supposed to be left on the tire after a trip to the track. Thanks in advance for the replies.

I like a little more on the right frt.
It is really just another way to tell what the tire may be doing.
Specifically if you are having issues.
The camber gauge is the most common and preferred method.

Is a person able to use the camber gauge while on the kart lift or is the gauge more accurate while kart is on scales and rack.

At the track you need to set the kart on the ground and use your current reading for the basis of adjustment, then you can increase or decrease off of what the guage says. You just have to make sure the kart doesn't move. For me the stand moves too much. Scales would be more consistent.

For example, you set your camber at -3 on the scales, you increase it to -3.25. On the ground you may start at -3.5 and a quarter degree would be -3.75. Then you set it back on the scales and it'll still read -3.25.

Is a person able to use the camber gauge while on the kart lift or is the gauge more accurate while kart is on scales and rack.

You should check to see (While scaling at home) how many flats it takes to achieve a change in camber of 1/8 and 1/4 degrees. This should be done with the driver in the kart. This will allow you to make necessary camber adjustments without having to use the gause at the track. IF YOU MUST make changes at the track and want to use the gause, it is BEST to have the kart on a hard stable and level surface for best results. Any other way and you are taking a chance on things going wrong for you.

As far as the chaulk line method I liked to see around 3/4 of an inch left on the RF.

Post 6 is how its done. I don't like the scales or gauge at the track. I know what my setup is when I show up. So knowing what a flat or 2 does is the best way. Also knowing what a washer of cross changes is a good idea. Post 7 is also true. One reason is that air pressure, bit in the track, sidewall stiffness and even cross weight will effect the chalk without changing camber.

Back