Tire cleaner question

paulkish

old fart
Just watched a platinum Cascade commercial on TV.
Has anyone tried it to wash tires.
Seems like it would be an easy cleaner to carry and just throw one or two pellets in a bucket to wash tires.

I feel like they might kill a Burris if your trying to wash at track. I usually use a little dawn or trac tack, I've noticed simple green or heavy dawn will not only kill prep, but also dry the tire out. Might work for a weekly wash or if your reprepping tires. You never know until you try I guess.

I can't understand where your seeing this with Burris 33s, and your not the only one saying this, simple green at the track is all we use as a wash once I decide which set of tires were going to run we massage a heavy coat of simple green into the tires and wipe with a dry microfiber towel, this is with 90 % of sets of 33s that have NEVER been wiped with any prep outside, we have sets back to 2018 that we still use all sets 40 + still feel great NOTHING has ever dried out like they would if they were to just have been left set that long.

I can't understand where your seeing this with Burris 33s, and your not the only one saying this, simple green at the track is all we use as a wash once I decide which set of tires were going to run we massage a heavy coat of simple green into the tires and wipe with a dry microfiber towel, this is with 90 % of sets of 33s that have NEVER been wiped with any prep outside, we have sets back to 2018 that we still use all sets 40 + still feel great NOTHING has ever dried out like they would if they were to just have been left set that long.
This is my experience on tires with external prep. I do use simple green weekly, because I feel it is one of the better cleaners, but if I want to maintain a consistent tire HL to Heat or Heat to Race I don't use it. Just my experience on my program which is probably different than yours and Paul's as well. I've heard people say not to use dawn and I use that with no problems.

Just watched a platinum Cascade commercial on TV.
Has anyone tried it to wash tires.
Seems like it would be an easy cleaner to carry and just throw one or two pellets in a bucket to wash tires.
Do they taste like Tide Pods?
Hey, if it doesn't clean the tires, at least the kids have snacks at the track, right?

Seriously though, I've never tried Cascade on tires, Paul, but Dawn dish soap will certainly work.
If Cascade is accurately presenting it's product in it's commercials, I suspect it's got a very strong degreaser - which is not what I want to use on a prepped tire.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

That is much more than a cleaner and actually has a very pronounced effect on the rubber/duro. We use nothing but simple green on our team as well and never have any drying issues. I love the TT Tire wash but until it costs the same as Simple Green it won't be used lol
How much are you paying for TT?
Edit: nvm I've been paying too much for simple (20$) which is what I also pay for tt

Interesting to me that Simple Green contains Sassafras.

When we built our house we used the old use for it to keep flies away from and out of the house before we had air conditioning.
You put a drop or two on the curtains, drapes or around the window and flies stay away.
IT WORKS.

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=simple+green

Never noticed many flies or other flying insects kart racing.
Maybe it was because of Simple Green being used?
Maybe spray it on the trailer to keep bugs away????

Back