Tire cleaning

What do you guys use at the track, in between races, to clean your tires?
Straight water? Simple green/ water, or any type of degreaser? Any other tire cleaners? Just curious, thanks.

2nd vote for our Green Apple Clean. (My wife would be a better testimony for it though as she's the one who cleans most of the tires.) :)
Green Apple Clean does a great job @ cleaning the tire and not pulling prep out of the tire.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Trac Tac blue tire wash and water. Does a great job of not only cleaning but rejuvenating the prep.
So you use the same stuff for cleaning, and resurfacing your tires?
For cleaning, how much track tac would you put in a 5 gallon pail of water, for cleaning at the track?

Water by itself will clean them just fine. But I’m serious there are times that after using the blue tire wash and scrubbing them they Tac up and are ready to go as is if no more bite is needed that day. The stuff works!

Water by itself will clean them just fine. But I’m serious there are times that after using the blue tire wash and scrubbing them they Tac up and are ready to go as is if no more bite is needed that day. The stuff works!
I 100% agree with this.
Last week I used the Blue track tac, with a 220 grit sanding sponge, as the motor was running to turn the wheels, and I was amazed at how well it tacked up.

Does it draw out the prep some how?

Track Tac Blue Tire wash work great ! I wash off the tire with water to get most of dirt off , then spray on the blue tire wash covering the tire ,scrub tire and then wipe it off . Let it dry a little .

Back