Tire cutting help

I recently acquired an elite cutter and was wondering if anyone here could or would be willing to help me in learning the adjustments on this thing and how to use it? Any advice on getting started? I do have some old burris tires to play with. Thanks

How many inches out does the bar extend? Most of the VMac ones needed an extension. I "think" when Elite started making their version of this cutter, they made it longer, but I don't remember.
You will want to get several sets of tires and experiment with them. There is no "one profile fits all" regardless if you are using template or radius type machine. Sometimes you want flatter cuts, sometimes you want rounder.
A "typical" Burris right side, I think we used to start at 52." You will want to move the radius bar pin several times. To make a good round cut, we moved the pin 5 times on our right side 33s. For a racer, this is acceptable and it'll cut as good as any other machine. For a shop like ours, it takes entirely too long to be productive, and profitable, to cut customer tires this way - the template machines like Jones are so much quicker.

As said above, the bit is a big key.
We have them in stock if you need.
Just give us a call at the shop number. I'm always pretty free with support and information/tips as well. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back