Tire Duro

MAS

I’m looking for some good information from some experts on how to come up with what the tire should duro given the track conditions. I know if the tire feathers they’re to soft and if they seal over they’re to hard but is there a way to look at a track and say...that track is around a 45 duro or a 60 duro

Not without proven experience at whichever track, NO there is no just look at the track and say it's a 50 Duro, guy's chasing duro numbers are doing just that chasing there tail, it's more about which prep, how and when applied, amount applied and the amount of bite needed.

Not without proven experience at whichever track, NO there is no just look at the track and say it's a 50 Duro, guy's chasing duro numbers are doing just that chasing there tail, it's more about which prep, how and when applied, amount applied and the amount of bite needed.
I am still fresh in that department as well. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I get it wrong. Care to give any insight in terms of preps and softeners in terms of conditions? Also in 425 superheavy, how little air is to little, and how much air is too much? I’ve had guys tell me that I’m running to much at say 9 lbs

I am still fresh in that department as well. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I get it wrong. Care to give any insight in terms of preps and softeners in terms of conditions? Also in 425 superheavy, how little air is to little, and how much air is too much? I’ve had guys tell me that I’m running to much at say 9 lbs
We run 400 a lot been 3/4 to 5/6 and at times even splits.
I can nail it one feature and totally screw up my other kid the next, well they are really not kids anymore, but you get my point lol

Unfortunately there is very few in generals with karting, air pressures and preps are all track depended and needs figured out, Krug may be best at one track conditions look close the same at another you try it and just slide around, which tire are you racing on ?

Unfortunately there is very few in generals with karting, air pressures and preps are all track depended and needs figured out, Krug may be best at one track conditions look close the same at another you try it and just slide around, which tire are you racing on ?
We are running Burris tire rule. I’m running 33’s

That makes it even worse with chemical prediction, a lot of track here with Burris 33s the best prep is NO prep.
Ok here’s another one for you... can you keep going up on air pressure as long as you’re not sliding the kart in the corner or do you want to be able to have the tire soft enough to get some side bite out of them?

Ok here’s another one for you... can you keep going up on air pressure as long as you’re not sliding the kart in the corner or do you want to be able to have the tire soft enough to get some side bite out of them?
I should add we are running on a 1/10th mile track with tighter corners. We just ran our first race with clones. We have always run flat heads. The clones were awesome but you definitely have to drive them different and use more brake

If you miss it your better off 1/2 lb low than high, but yes if it's not sliding keep going up maximize roll speed. Which track ?

I should add we are running on a 1/10th mile track with tighter corners. We just ran our first race with clones. We have always run flat heads. The clones were awesome but you definitely have to drive them different and use more brake
Perfect Flathead tire would be a little softer tire than needed for clone.

I run at 420lbs, I run as little as 4/5 and no more than 6/7

I run Super Heavy 400# , and it depends on the track and size . I try to keep the pressure in an area that is creating the least bounce , because most tracks in my area are not smooth as glass . Most of the time that is around 5,5R/4.5L . But if I am on a larger track I may go up some to keep my roll speed up . I don't worry so much about Duro as most and usually don't prep as heavy as some , my fat butt seems to keep me planted in the corners . I mostly work with the stagger in the rear to get what I need out of my kart ..

I found with anything lower than 5 it feels as though someone is beating on my bumper due to the tire gripping and slipping and just wasn’t as fast for me either. I start at 6 generally and end up around 8 or more. The more air has helped tremendously! I run even splits also to start and then adjust accordingly I am 399 with no lead.

Back