Tire guru

If I may chime in with a question. I'm looking at running clones on my local 1/4 midget track. Concrete corners, asphalt straights. Inquiring about a good tire program suggestion. Looking for something spec, low cost. No one's running karts at these tracks around here at the moment, so we're looking to just get going. I was thinking EL cause they are cheap. Any help is appreciated.

If I may chime in with a question. I'm looking at running clones on my local 1/4 midget track. Concrete corners, asphalt straights. Inquiring about a good tire program suggestion. Looking for something spec, low cost. No one's running karts at these tracks around here at the moment, so we're looking to just get going. I was thinking EL cause they are cheap. Any help is appreciated.

Call Earl So Co tire treatments info earlier in this thread.

You might look into Vega Reds for a cheap spec tire as well.
Vega Yellows are prime tires on most pavement tracks - It's hard to compete with them.
The Hoosier A40 comes close at times and would be a good choice also, if you can get a spec tire deal established with them.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Im looking for a tire guy with alot of knowledge on asphalt ovals...

Thanks

Ask away.
Plenty of knowledgeable people on here that are willing to help you.

You are welcome to call our shop if you have specific questions about our pavement tires and prep program.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back