Tire help

Hey guys. Quick question. If you have multiple sets of tires. Mainly for setup changes or track changes do you prep all of them the same? I would think not bc If I prep a set for the weekend and then end up not running them at all could I just leave them like that untill I run them or what? Not a what tire makes what changes per prep question. Just wanting to know how often I should prep my extras

Yes, if there all prepped the same they will be fine that weekend. But my question is. The ones I run i will resurface and prep again for the next weekend. But what should I do with the set I prepped and did not run?

Before we answer your question,
What tire are you running ?
How many sets do you have ?
What prep are you using ?
What's your normal method and routine ?
Track conditions don't change where you race ?

Track conditions don't change where you race
Track conditions don't change where you race ?
Maxxis and Hoosier treads depending on which track I run. Yes track does change and I am on a good prep program bite prep during the week and depending on track between heats and features. I don’t have any trouble with getting tires to bite or anything like that. I just now have got more than one set of tires. and now I’m just not sure how much I need to prep tires that I may or may not run on any given night.

Say I put 5 wipes in 2 different sets during the week. Weekend comes and I only run 1 set.
The other set still has the 5 wipes so how long can they sit and still be good without having to put more prep in?

Maxxis and Hoosier treads depending on which track I run. Yes track does change and I am on a good prep program bite prep during the week and depending on track between heats and features. I don’t have any trouble with getting tires to bite or anything like that. I just now have got more than one set of tires. and now I’m just not sure how much I need to prep tires that I may or may not run on any given night.

Say I put 5 wipes in 2 different sets during the week. Weekend comes and I only run 1 set.
The other set still has the 5 wipes so how long can they sit and still be good without having to put more prep in?
Provided what your doing is 100 % best what is needed you would only get the full effect that weekend you wiped for, however they would still be good for the following weekend just wipe at the track before you run, with that being said I would NOT wipe them all the same.
How well is this working for you ? are you getting good results always up front ? If not what do you feel your lacking ?

Yea they feel fine I’m on the same prep program as most of the guys at the track I run. Ive won several races this season I’ve just now picked up a few sets and was just curious on how long the prep will be good for in my extra sets. I appreciate it buddy

The chemical stays in the rubber, but loses it's effectiveness over time.
If you prepped up a 5 coat set and didn't need them one week, they'll still be good the next week, simply wipe them a day or two prior to the race with same prep to reactivate the chemical that is still in the tires.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back