Tire help

team25

We have been racing for 9yrs now and just can't get this tire thing down I can never get the tires to last more than 5 laps then thay fall off I have tried every thing under the sun and it just don't work for me I am so sick of this I am ready to get out and not look back things I have tried are prep through the week ,that was really bad kart was locked down bad! I have tried no prep . A small amount of prep. Prep the hell out of them bought new cut tires .tried inside prep .let a few set of tires sit for a year and then just one coat of pre wipe on them preps I am using I have trac tac orange .black sand mixed with acrosyl.pelmettos track side fire .. Krugs green .hot lap and octane light.tires are Burris ss33a I am so sick I am ready to stab the hell out of my tires and burn them I have 15 sets and that all act about the same .and I know it's the tire cause I borrowed a set one night and thay lasted all night but the track we race at no one will give out any help on tires if you ask it seems that will give you bad info and it gets worse please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I no tire expert but sounds like too soft of a compound,,youll be superman for about 5 laps then fall off fast..if you can run burris 44s maybe try them..hopefully this will help Good Luck..

one more thing if its a goat pee track,, Then no matter how you prep them its not gonna be strong enough to cut threw the goat to get into the track.. if everyones on goat better get ya a can,,

Typically K3 requires little to no prep. Are you running day time races or night races? If you would like you can give me a call.

Let Chris (ch3racing) get you going, he knows what he's talking about and if anyone can help its him

Get some pink 9.00's. It's an open tire track..... The pinks or the new 40 hoosier is a lot faster than the 33's there. That was proven this past weekend. I'd recommend a non rolled internal 33 tire punching 50-52. Wiped once a day through the week leading up to race day. Are you running the same set of tires through the heats and features as well?

Agree, Buddy.

We prep every week. Most nights a pretty aggressive prep at the track.

Bob,
We're there all the time - just ask, I'd be glad to help you. Dustin would be good to work with as well, I'm sure.
Give us a call if I can help or talk to me at the track.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back