Tire information

FlickN57

Hi, the track I usually run at is a Burris only track. People have given me pointers and tips which I intend to use and try. But, just wondering what everyone’s opinions are to get the tires to fire off and stick? Usually my kart is super, super tight because the tires are not set up correctly. I’ll be turning left and it’s still going straight that’s how tight it is (sometimes). The last prep we tried track tac purple did really well until halfway through the race it fell away and the kart tightened up on me.

What do you do for Burris tires?

The rasics prep line is a Burris specific line. The 24/7 in that series is seriously some good stuff to add bite to a Burris. If your tire was good at the start but falls off, it generally means the tire fired too soon when the track had already adequate bite or the tire was too soft. (Overworking the tire)

The rasics prep line is a Burris specific line. The 24/7 in that series is seriously some good stuff to add bite to a Burris. If your tire was good at the start but falls off, it generally means the tire fired too soon when the track had already adequate bite or the tire was too soft. (Overworking the tire)
I think my tires duro was 50-60s. So maybe they just fired off too quickly?

What track/ track size/ normal track condition/ location are you racing? What's the numbers for the kart What manufacturer and model kart. Engine package and class
Nose
Left
cross
Camber
Caster
Stagger
Toe
Tire pressure
Duro

The more information you can provide the better you can be assisted. Ken (racing promotor) has alot of knowledge. But sometimes you get lucky and get people that race that track or have in the past.

W
Do you know that your kart is super tight due to the tires, or due to chassis set-up?
I could be wrong, but it sounds like you have a balance issue where when the tires start working, the rear over-drives the fronts to promote the on-throttle push/tight condition.
It could be that you need more nose weight, less cross, more rear stagger, LR hub moved out, more caster, RF camber change, psi adjustment....and that it's not a tire issue at all. Not saying that it isn't, just trying to get a better handle on what you are dealing with.

Burris prepping can be as simple, or as difficult as you make it.
We have a simple and effective tire program, but even if you're on it, you still need to have a balanced kart set-up.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
i agree that part of it could be set up, but I borrowed someone’s tires and the kart was no longer tight and I was running up front. Where earlier I was not that same night. I would be turning and it would still be going straight. I don’t deny set up has some to do with it, but tires are a HUGE issue for me.

Why does it feel like you're reading greek when you're a maxxis guy wanting to run some burris?

Looks super fun but man that learning curve seems steep as hell!
Don't be discouraged if you struggled at Low Country on Burris tires recently. Some of the best Burris racers in the country didn't have a great showing. If you get with a good tire program that supports Burris tires (it's a plus if they run the same brand chassis as you) I think you'll find the learning curve isn't that bad. You'll have to build a decent tire inventory if you want to run competitively at all of the big series races. A few sets will keep you competitive at weekly events if you don't have to aggressively prep. There's a lot of good info on here if you understand what the person posting is trying to communicate.

Why does it feel like you're reading greek when you're a maxxis guy wanting to run some burris?

Looks super fun but man that learning curve seems steep as hell!
It's not that bad it's just different, you don't need internal in all your 33s, and if tracks making enough grip you don't need to wipe outside either, instead of doing it with prep like maxxis you do it with choice of fresh tire VS seasoned tire, yes to run with the big series you'll need more sets, HOWEVER the Burris will last much longer and still be fast.
You have a PM

Don't be discouraged if you struggled at Low Country on Burris tires recently. Some of the best Burris racers in the country didn't have a great showing. If you get with a good tire program that supports Burris tires (it's a plus if they run the same brand chassis as you) I think you'll find the learning curve isn't that bad. You'll have to build a decent tire inventory if you want to run competitively at all of the big series races. A few sets will keep you competitive at weekly events if you don't have to aggressively prep. There's a lot of good info on here if you understand what the person posting is trying to communicate.
It is a lot to take in and consider but I like what I have read so far.

The economics of it make sense that is for sure. (minus buying a tire resurfacing machine.)

Back