Tire mounting directions

RD1970

When mounting tires does it matter which direction as in with the code numbers to the inside of the wheel or the outside?

When mounting tires does it matter which direction as in with the code numbers to the inside of the wheel or the outside?
Not really. As most of us will flip the tires around on the rims once to several times a season. I guess I should have asked what brand of tires are you running? Also make sure when mounting tires you use a tire band.

Not really. As most of us will flip the tires around on the rims once to several times a season. I guess I should have asked what brand of tires are you running? Also make sure when mounting tires you use a tire band.
They are Burris tires. I don't have a band is there anything I can substitute?

I am sure there will be others that will chime in but I don't know of anything else that is safe to use.
Can one be made or where do you get them? This is a just for fun kind of thing so I'm not wanting to spend a bunch in something I'll use only every once and a while

Can one be made or where do you get them? This is a just for fun kind of thing so I'm not wanting to spend a bunch in something I'll use only every once and a while
I have an adjustable tire band. Looks like they are 105 new on bmi. But most kart part stores would have them. You could post in the personal section here looking for one as someone may have one for sale. Trust me even if you only use a few times in your lifetime it's better than a trip to the ER because a tire exploded.

Do a search , mounting tires. On here should learn quite a bit about the subject.
The magnifying glass upper right corner .

Where are you located? There might be someone close that would loan you one. If not, I’ll loan you mine. I’ll pay shipping one way, you pay return.

I
Where are you located? There might be someone close that would loan you one. If not, I’ll loan you mine. I’ll pay shipping one way, you pay return
I'm in Ohio I'll check with a few local guys hopefully they have one sounds like I'm going to have to find one. If I don't I'll let you know thanks for all the help!

I

I'm in Ohio I'll check with a few local guys hopefully they have one sounds like I'm going to have to find one. If I don't I'll let you know thanks for all the help!
Where in Ohio? I am in indiana if you can’t find one.

We have adjustable tire mounting bands in stock (and at a competitive price.)
Consider it a tool, and tools are good investments. Ruining your tires by mounting without a band would be much more costly. The risk/danger of mounting one of these tires not in a band is another concern to be sure.

Lots of racers in the Greenville area. Closest kart shop to you is probably Bill Williams. He can mount your tires properly for you as well.
If you decide that you want to purchase your own tire band, feel free to give us a call at the shop during business hours. We accept credit and bank debit cards right over the phone and ship FedEx daily. You'd have your new tire mounting band on your doorstep tomorrow. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If you're running on dirt, don't worry about the directional arrows on Hoosiers (or other brands for that matter.) The sidewall construction is exactly the same for both sides.
The directional arrow on every kart tire that I am aware of is there for liability purposes due to the direction of the webbing that's wrapped/lapped in the tire carcass. I have heard (never seen) that a tire run on pavement can have the webbing come unlapped if the tire is hot under brake lock-up. Dirt tires rarely get that hot, and the track surface doesn't build sufficient grip to pull the tire apart under sudden brake lock-up....at least not that I have ever seen or experienced. I suppose, theoretically, it is possible.
FWIW, I mount up our Vegas for dirt with the branded sidewalls out. For pavement, the right sides get the Yellow logo out, the lefts get the blackwall out (ie mounted directional.) Hoosier kart tires have their logo printed on both sides so you can mount them directionally and they still get their advertisement. :)

They are Burris tires. I don't have a band is there anything I can substitute?
I run burris, and also dont have a tire band, i use a 5gal bucket to set the beads. If your worried about the bucket put a ratchet strap around the bucket too.

I highly suggest you stay away from the bucket method, it's not safe. Invest in a proper tire band, either adjustable or fixed.

Back