Tire pick

Skapegote

Me and my 9yr old are new to karting he has been running pretty well we run at one track with a tire rule and one with open tire rule I have a set of Burris 33's and maxxiss blue and pinks any advice on the better tire would be appreciated

Too broad of a question, depends on the track, the conditions, etc. What are people winning with at the open tire track?

Tires

We have only been their one this weekend the winner was on Hoosiers just want to go their with a little more knowledge

You should try a set of Kings. They are just as fast as any other tire, require less prep and they are way cheaper.

Talk to some people at the track as well. What are the fast guys running in your class (you already mentioned Hoosier - what compound? Hoosier has compounds and tire constructions similar to Burris 33 (D30A), Vega MBS Yellow (A40), and Maxxis Pink (D50). For a lot of midwest open tire tracks, Maxxis will be hard to get rolling until it gets warmer and the tracks get harder with a little bit of bite in them (especially purple plate class.) Burris, Hoosier, & Vega seem to excel in our midwest black dirt low/no bite track surfaces.

Don't know where you're from or what tracks you're running at, but I'd be more than happy to help you with your tire program (even if it means working with the tires that you already own.)

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back