Tire prep longevity

I travel for work. When I do, I am gone from Sunday to Friday night. If I prep tires a week I am home, and not run them till the following weekend i.e., not the weekend I prepped, what should I do to prep for the race? Will the prep generally stay in the tire until I run them if its within a couple weeks?

Depends on the prep, which tire, and what your trying to accomplish, are you sure you need to be prepping through the week, more times than not you only need to prep trackside.

I travel for work. When I do, I am gone from Sunday to Friday night. If I prep tires a week I am home, and not run them till the following weekend i.e., not the weekend I prepped, what should I do to prep for the race? Will the prep generally stay in the tire until I run them if its within a couple weeks?
Definitely depends on the prep used.
For most preps, the chemical remains in the tire. You can "reactivate" the remaining chemical by wiping or brushing another coat closer to your race day. This is a common problem with rain-outs. Internal prep is a whole different animal, but external preps are generally brought back with a simple coat.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Definitely depends on the prep used.
For most preps, the chemical remains in the tire. You can "reactivate" the remaining chemical by wiping or brushing another coat closer to your race day. This is a common problem with rain-outs. Internal prep is a whole different animal, but external preps are generally brought back with a simple coat.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Thank you.