Tire prep question

I've been using it a couple of weeks now, it is water miscible and can be cut depending on strength needed. Works very well as a cleaner after coming off the track and smells exactly like a very popular blue tire cleaner that I like as well... ;)

The stuff I have don't soften a ton, but does really open the pores of the tires and gives fantastic bite.

I've been using it a couple of weeks now, it is water miscible and can be cut depending on strength needed. Works very well as a cleaner after coming off the track and smells exactly like a very popular blue tire cleaner that I like as well... ;)

The stuff I have don't soften a ton, but does really open the pores of the tires and gives fantastic bite.
So you are using it as a tire wash. I thought MS was suggesting it as a PRW or weekly prep.

Soaking tires is not a good thing. Dirtphalt racing is not dirt racing, it is like slot car racing. IMO dirt kart racing should be on dirt treaded tires on a track that has bite however forgives as well. Jmo

Soaking tires is not a good thing. Dirtphalt racing is not dirt racing, it is like slot car racing. IMO dirt kart racing should be on dirt treaded tires on a track that has bite however forgives as well. Jmo
And if you think they dont prep treaded tires, then you are a bit naive.

I did not state treaded tires are not soaked. You inserted that. Soaking any tire is not good. Unhealthy, drives up the cost to race, waste of time when traction can be in the track. I see you sell the chemicals to soak em tho
Still doesnt matter that he sells it so dont be butt hurt about it.
He's telling the truth, treads are cut and prepped as well, and no traction cant be in every track its all dependent on soil type, weather etc.

Still doesnt matter that he sells it so dont be butt hurt about it.
He's telling the truth, treads are cut and prepped as well, and no traction cant be in every track its all dependent on soil type, weather etc. wrong. Itā€™s dependent on track preparation

Last edited:
I kinda know. Mind your own business
So do I,I built and ran one of this nations premier kart tracks in its day, and helped Delmar Spence prepare Dumplin Valley Speedway.
And we've raced up and down the east coast both in karts and latemodels.
Mind my own business? you post on a forum, thats how it works

I did not state treaded tires are not soaked. You inserted that. Soaking any tire is not good. Unhealthy, drives up the cost to race, waste of time when traction can be in the track. I see you sell the chemicals to soak em tho
So is racing fuel, gear oil, methanol, even coolant, are all just as unhealthy if misused. Tire prep properly used and handled is no more dangerous than any aforementioned chemical.
As for cost, prep enhances tire life, actually costing the racer less money. And thats from the WoO to a local Saturday night track kart race.

Back