Tire prep question

Brinkljg01

Can I use 3m adhesive remover instead of acrysol to mix with tire prep when at the track to get the tire prep to soak in the ores deeper?

T Y A

I would use Quick Dry from Track-Tac, better than acrysol...jmo

I have notched everyone one at my local track that’s competitive week after week cut there prep with acrysol to open the pores of the tires so the prep will soak in deep to make the tires last the whole race. My tires have been great till about 5 laps to go. I done some research online and I have found that the 3m adhesive remover is the same ingredients and chemical compounds as acrysol.

You are correct, they are the same. Just might cure the 5 short tires. if not look at inside prep or use more base the week before.
Acrysol is 2 parts Naphtha VMP and 1 part Xylene. so is 3m Adhesive remover.
I go to lowes and buy a gallon of Naphtha and Xylene and mix it myself. Most times I just make it a 50/50 mix.
Works great.

They are not the same.
Just as I told him in a pm, will it do in a pinch? Yes, so will methanol.
But spend the money and buy the correct product, or like you said make your own, Lowes has plenty

Lol this guy has been lied to a bunch, one thing he won't never have to worry about me, I don't run where he does

You are correct, they are the same. Just might cure the 5 short tires. if not look at inside prep or use more base the week before.
Acrysol is 2 parts Naphtha VMP and 1 part Xylene. so is 3m Adhesive remover.
I go to lowes and buy a gallon of Naphtha and Xylene and mix it myself. Most times I just make it a 50/50 mix.
Works great.

Thas not what acrysol is, it can be used as a copy of acrysol, but thats not what acrysol is.

Screenshot_20191114-083646_Drive.jpg

What are the fast guys doing to their tires before the race , Are you inside rolling, preparing during the week. The probably not telling you the hole story.

What are the fast guys doing to their tires before the race , Are you inside rolling, preparing during the week. The probably not telling you the hole story.
For us, working tires starts on Sunday, and they are worked all week long.

For us, working tires starts on Sunday, and they are worked all week long.
I still wish I could get my head around this. I hear guys say this and wonder what in the heck this consist of. I've never ask. I envision all kinds of things going on in a shop. In the meantime I'm over here refinishing and wiping my weekly wipes(Like I've been told) a couple nights a week and I'm done. I fully know there is a lot more and I'll likely never learn based on my age and learning curve I don't really have that time. LOL! If anybody wants to share what this type of daily program consist of I'll gladly take a PM or phone number exchange to chat to help me get on track with my program.

I still wish I could get my head around this. I hear guys say this and wonder what in the heck this consist of. I've never ask. I envision all kinds of things going on in a shop. In the meantime I'm over here refinishing and wiping my weekly wipes(Like I've been told) a couple nights a week and I'm done. I fully know there is a lot more and I'll likely never learn based on my age and learning curve I don't really have that time. LOL! If anybody wants to share what this type of daily program consist of I'll gladly take a PM or phone number exchange to chat to help me get on track with my program.
Let me get home and I'll explain, big thumbs little phone lol
We have ran Burris for over 20 years

Let me get home and I'll explain, big thumbs little phone lol
We have ran Burris for over 20 years
Thank you and yes I understand. I'm on Maxxis now and I've been told the at home work is extensive. I believe that and have no issues with putting the work in, I just don't understand other than sanding, re-prepping and staggering what else there is to do. Like I said above it seems there's this concoction of prep that's being wiped at different times all week to get a tire ready. LOL.....

Back