Tire prep recommendations

Doing some open two stroke racing on tacky red clay tracks this year. I’m new to it, grew up racing on dry slick dark clay/dirt. I can already feel how subjective this is going to be. ? I just want to know what’s out there for prep and some baseline starting points. If you had to pick 3 preps (not counting goat pee) to run and nothing else, what would they be?

Doing some open two stroke racing on tacky red clay tracks this year. I’m new to it, grew up racing on dry slick dark clay/dirt. I can already feel how subjective this is going to be. ? I just want to know what’s out there for prep and some baseline starting points. If you had to pick 3 preps (not counting goat pee) to run and nothing else, what would they be?
Is there a tire rule?

Stick with a prep line thats winning across the country, on every type of track. Track Tac, P&P, Insanity, Pink Magic, Andy Murray Gambler, and mine will all get the job done, among others not mentioned.
Its the customer service where you will get support to shorten that learning curve and thats where you really need to look at.

Stick with a prep line thats winning across the country, on every type of track. Track Tac, P&P, Insanity, Pink Magic, Andy Murray Gambler, and mine will all get the job done, among others not mentioned.
Its the customer service where you will get support to shorten that learning curve and thats where you really need to look at.

I agree! Let us know if we can help.

Just asking here which 3 will not get you what your looking for, Go with where your racing then pick a few that have experience there and get on the phone after that whichever your most comfortable with get there prep and stick with it.
Red TACKY Clay where are you racing ?

Black Bite 2.0, Monster Bite, and Pink Panther.

I wouldn't hesitate to have cans of acrysol, green, and goat with me in the trailer if the track calls for it (stray rain shower, etc.)

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back