Tire prep suggestions?

I am getting back into racing after being out for 4-5 years. I need suggestions for tire prep on Vegas, I have heard they need to be punching in the 30's. And they tell me the track is kept wet. The track is Mountain Creek Speedway in Catawba County NC.
thanks,

I am getting back into racing after being out for 4-5 years. I need suggestions for tire prep on Vegas, I have heard they need to be punching in the 30's. And they tell me the track is kept wet. The track is Mountain Creek Speedway in Catawba County NC.
thanks,

At a 30 duro you will need some good goat/Krug type prep. Then you also need a very good "bite" prep. If track stays wet and soft all night you will more than likely stay with the harsh preps. If track starts to get a bit harder, little more dry, but is still wet, SoCo Bite in a can works very well. Wont keep dropping duro but will add incredible bite.

I like our Monster Bite for tracks like this. Softens and adds a ton of bite.
We also roll our Vegas internally with Pink Panther, so they'll keep rolling even when you do use harsh preps.

If we can answer any questions about our prep line, please feel free to contact us at the shop number listed below.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

With Vegas I have never had a issue with getting grip using Track Tac BTGP. Im assuming you were once a Bear Creek Racer at one time.

When we got stuck on the wet stuff we used a cocktail made up of 50/50 Trac Tac SAA GRAPE and Donny Nall Insanity wet track. Worked well for us!

Back