Tire prep with antifreeze

Bradley71

Has anyone ever used antifreeze to make a tire prep.i believe antifreeze is a polymer.it dawned on me when i saw a video of a woman on youtube rolling a late model tire with some green stuff.🤷🏻‍♂️I dont know just a thought.

Rubber (synthetic and natural) is a hydrocarbon polymer... and (to the best of my imperfect knowledge) the core chemicals in reputable tire preps are primarily hydrocarbons as well. There are no hydrocarbons in antifreeze. Ethylene glycol is the primary active ingredient in antifreeze and chemically it is classified close to alcohol. The rest of the antifreeze is demineralized water and additives like anticorrosion agents, antifoam, etc Personally I don't think it's a good idea but you may have just found the next big secret! Lol let me know how it works out.

As far as I know, antifreeze has no effect on rubber or it would hurt hoses and such when used in a vehicle. The whole purpose of prep is to chemically alter the properties of rubber by either softening, adding oils, strengthening etc. No antifreeze that I know of is going to do anything to rubber.
My hoses on my POS sonic are quite grippy 🤔 small hole in the plastic part of the radiator so constantly adding coolant 😂lol

My hoses on my POS sonic are quite grippy 🤔 small hole in the plastic part of the radiator so constantly adding coolant 😂lol
LOL! Make sure your engine oil cooler isn't leaking oil into the coolant. You'll see the hoses swell and plastics breaking down. The coolant reservoir will have crap in it as well. See it all the time, just a heads up! Happens on the 1.8's as well as the 1.4's

Back