Tire Prep

4zracing

Interested in everyone’s thoughts on tire prep and your process for bite vs low bite tracks? Deciding on 33A’s vs 33B’s?

That really varies from track to track, there is NO just do this and your golden, IF the track has enough grip the 33a NO prep, NONE ever will be the fastest 33, then low grip depends WHY it's low grip Dry slick, or moist soft, or moist hard but slicked over, all require different preps and methods.

That really varies from track to track, there is NO just do this and your golden, IF the track has enough grip the 33a NO prep, NONE ever will be the fastest 33, then low grip depends WHY it's low grip Dry slick, or moist soft, or moist hard but slicked over, all require different preps and methods.
I encountered a moist soft track recently. I had no idea what to do with it. Still lead 10 of the 20 lap feature but lost the lead with a RF that built up 1.4 psi that lead to a bad push on exit.

how should one handle a moist soft track?

I encountered a moist soft track recently. I had no idea what to do with it. Still lead 10 of the 20 lap feature but lost the lead with a RF that built up 1.4 psi that lead to a bad push on exit.

how should one handle a moist soft track?
Are you saying you over worked the tire and it feathered, OR it was sliding overheated and gained to much air ? What 33s were they, and how were they prepped ? what did there durometer ?

Back