Tire Prep

jantzen

I run jr predator champ at hunterstown speedway and i am interested in learning tire prep. I am not sure how to describe the track but i believe its 1/8 and most people run blue and pink maxxis. Can anyone explain tire prep to me and how i should choose it?

Many things you can accomplish with tire prep when used correctly, grip, heat, softness, side bite, forward bite, can all be altered by tire prep.
Best thing is to get with a company you can trust and you feel comfortable with, who you can get info from easily. Next is learn what you can get from that prep and how it benefits you. Lastly is learn from the mistakes you make. All the best tire guys in the country have made mistakes, and some of he best still learn, thats how and why they are the best.

Lot of truth in Earl's (SoCO) reply.
Call around and talk to several tire guys and get a feel for what they can offer you. Get with someone you trust. Prep can be as simple or as complicated as you can make it. It's best to start simple with a program that you can easily understand and works at your track.
Having someone local to lean on can be a plus, but certainly not necessary as most bigger tire shops have customers running at Hunterstown already.
Turn-around time can be an issue as well. There are times of the year where we're 6 weeks out and other times when we can get a set of cut and prepped tires out the same week.

If there's anything we can help you with, please feel free to reach out to us.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

It is nice when first starting out to call anyone listed above, Tell them you class, tires, track. and they can not olny suggest preps that will work and how to use it, they will send it to your door. Will save a lot of time and money over using what everybody else is using. And getting advice from everyone at the track. Some shops will Sell you the tires, put on rims, prep them for you and send them to you. If you live near a Kart shop, stop in and talk to them. Once you learn, you will find yourself with just a few bottles of prep that you use 90% of the time.

I run jr predator champ at hunterstown speedway and i am interested in learning tire prep. I am not sure how to describe the track but i believe its 1/8 and most people run blue and pink maxxis. Can anyone explain tire prep to me and how i should choose it?
You've gotten some great info, I'm pretty familiar with hunterstown it's a big 1/8 but a small 1/5 which is what it's advertised as , I can help you out with track specific info feel free to contact me.

Back