Tire Pressure Gauge - psi Range 0-15 0-20 or 0-30

JB-Boozer

What do most of you guys use insofar as the PSI range of the gauge, knowing the sweet spot of a gauge is near the center, i don't want to max it out and get inaccurate readings.

This would be for paved Sprint tracks
AMP - now using Hoosier EL26 tires
Barnesville - WKA Bridgestone YLC (i think)

next i'll ask if liquid filled is worth it...and if so, how important is a vent valve ala the Longacre models - to equalize the pressure inside the case ie due to ambient temp changes.

With the larger range, (1 – 30) you lose definition. It's harder to read between 10 and 11 pounds. Still, I don't know what would happen if you went over the limits of the other 2 gauges.

On a Sprint kart, racing on an enduro track, we ran the tires over 30 pounds. You may never do that, but it's nice to know that you could.

People told us we were crazy, but we ran up front. Nobody went into the turns deeper than us. And I mean nobody!!

One of our more popular sellers is this digital model 0-60 from Longacre (CLICK HERE)

Under most circumstances, we've usually been in the 12-15psi range with our Hoosiers in both sprint and road racing. Starting off at 13psi is my standard setup.

0003550_tire-gauge-2-digital-0-60psi_300.jpeg

Thanks Al
Soooo...in a sprint kart, on a sprint track...like maybe AMP or Barnesville....with track specific Hoosiers or Bridgestones...
long ago I had Dunlops at Barnesville and I think it was 8-12psi range...but those were different tahrs...and looking at the psi gauge I had back then, it was 0-60 range - doh!

anyone using liquid filled?

One of our more popular sellers is this digital model 0-60 from Longacre

Under most circumstances, we've usually been in the 12-15psi range with our Hoosiers in both sprint and road racing. Starting off at 13psi is my standard setup.

Thanks Jeff...for a 0-20 range, i'm liking this liquid filled from QuickCar - but unsure about venting and how important that is...this one doesn't seem to vent.
(The ones I found that do vent are Longacre 0-30 range)

http://www.quickcar.com/56-021-Gauge/

QC_56-021.jpg

An inexpensive stick gauge is fine so long as you always use the same one. It doesn't matter if your off a little on the reading or calibration, so long as you know what works and always use the same gauge. You can also compare your tire pressure reading with others racers. If you find your gauge always reads a pound off, so what because you know it's a pound off. They also seem to keep consistency over years of use. And again it doesn't matter so long as you use the same gauge all the time and you know what works and you need per your gauge.

It's hard to find a low pressure stick gauge shopping around locally and here's one I found online.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0NETSFGBM2203YQNZ1X0

The only thing I would question about a digital gauge is they need a battery. You know how it is with batteries, they run out of juice at the most inopportune times. And if they are using strain gauges in the digital types, their accuracy can vary with the ambient temps. I don't know how much. You never need a new battery with the dial type.

I agree with Paulkish my gauge long acre that I HAVE used for quit a few years is off by 2.5 lbs. I one night at the track calibrated it with a friends and then 3 others to be sure and mine was off. So where I was thinking I was running 6 lbs. in reality it was 8.5lbs. So I went down on pressures and kart went to heck just wanted to share this.

Back