Tire Pressure help... I'm wrapped around the axle on this one.

After action report: we raced Jr3 on 5/21. Temps in the mid 90s for practice. Track was “dry slick” to begin but gained grip fast. 2nd practice I was running 6.5 and 5.5. No complaints from driver. Stayed there on air for qualify. We were off the pole by 0.30 in JR3-A qualifying. Bumped up the air by 0.3 to 6.8 and 5.8 for JR3-B qualifying. Driver found the 0.30 but the competition found a little more too - qualified 4th again. P1-4 in the B race were separated by 0.098! Holly cow Batman! Then we got thrown a curveball. There was an hour rain delay and JR3 was first up after the rain. The track wasn’t “soaked” it was more of a mist to light rain at times. I dropped the air significantly to 5.2 and 4.2. There as a little shine on the groove. I wiped 6 coats of the most aggressive stuff in the trailer without going for the goat pee or Krug. Nailed it! Didn’t win but he was there in the end. For the B race I missed it. I aired up 0.30 pounds all around. Missed low. Good grip but stuck in the track too much. JR driver did an excellent job keeping the kart within its limits and salvaged a 4th place finish. He sped up in the B race average lap times 0.4 seconds faster than the A race just lacked speed compared to competition, still 0.3 second off the leader. Overall not too bad given the conditions.

Last edited:
After action report: we raced Jr3 on 5/21. Temps in the mid 90s for practice. Track was “dry slick” to begin but gained grip fast. 2nd practice I was running 6.5 and 5.5. No complaints from driver. Stayed there on air for qualify. We were off the pole by 0.30 in JR3-A qualifying. Bumped up the air by 0.3 to 6.8 and 5.8 for JR3-B qualifying. Driver found the 0.30 but the competition found a little more too - qualified 4th again. P1-4 in the B race were separated by 0.098! Holly cow Batman! Then we got thrown a curveball. There was an hour rain delay and JR3 was first up after the rain. The track wasn’t “soaked” it was more of a mist to light rain at times. I dropped the air significantly to 5.2 and 4.2. There as a little shine on the groove. I wiped 6 coats of the most aggressive stuff in the trailer without going for the goat pee or Krug. Nailed it! Didn’t win but he was there in the end. For the B race I missed it. I aired up 0.30 pounds all around. Missed low. Good grip but stuck in the track too much. JR driver did an excellent job keeping the kart within its limits and salvaged a 4th place finish. He sped up in the B race average lap times 0.4 seconds faster than the A race just lacked speed compared to competition, still 0.3 second off the leader. Overall not too bad given the conditions.
Good job! weather always seems to throw a curve ball at ya! We get that a LOT here in Florida... sometimes it works to our advantage and sometimes it doesn't. Jr3 is a super competitive class no matter where you are, many races are decided by a tenth or less!

Back