Tire pressure/setup questions

The track I was running on was in poor condition since it rained here the day before, it wasnt prepped ect. I wouldnt say I had to hit the brakes to get the kart to turn, it was more when i hit the brakes to slow down for the corner I was sliding, but that could of been the track. I will check stagger tonight and look into moving the wider LR to the RF. Thank you for your help!
The tires weren't soft enough for the track.
The right side tires will be the widest, in fact the rf and rr are the same tire/wheel combo

The tires weren't soft enough for the track.
The right side tires will be the widest, in fact the rf and rr are the same tire/wheel combo
Yea I’m going to be checking stagger to see if I can move the tires around, I’m running soft Burris tires on every tire becides my RR since I have to pass a durometer

If indeed you had 55.5% nose YA it was loose in, but I think you meant 55.5 % rear maybe ? your air pressures were most likely to high and you didn't need a 2 lb split.
Alright so towards the end of the night I was loose center off the track. I lowered the rf spindle and it helped a little but it felt like I had a lot of front bite? Maybe to much? And suggestions on loose center off?

Alright so towards the end of the night I was loose center off the track. I lowered the rf spindle and it helped a little but it felt like I had a lot of front bite? Maybe to much? And suggestions on loose center off?
It has to much front bite that's why it's loose off, adding cross was the right way to go IF you fixed it with that adjustment, I would decrease rear stagger and IF your still running 2 lb split close that up.

It has to much front bite that's why it's loose off, adding cross was the right way to go IF you fixed it with that adjustment, I would decrease rear stagger and IF your still running 2 lb split close that up.
Yea I don’t have any extra tires so stagger is kinda set at this point, I’ll mess with pressures, but yea I did add cross thank you again!

oh ok, no one on the team has a hot box, so would just pumping a lot of air over the course of the week be best then?
You don't need a hot box, to shrink the RR pull the valve gut out heat with a torch and let set 2 days no air, it's easy to grow the LR blow it up 1" bigger than needed heat it up good let set 12 hrs, then check repeat if needed leave set longer, once you get it sized store with 5 lb in LR, for RR store with 10 to 12 lb

Back