Tire Pressure vs Stagger

So when you size a tire I would assume you would want your tire to be he intended size at the pressure you’re intending to race with. So if I intend to run a tire @34.25 with 8 pounds of air I need size that tire until I get 34.25 with 8lbs.
So I’ve found that 2-3 lbs of air will grow or Shrink a tire .25” or so. So what’s more important, hitting my stagger size, or my Air Pressure correct?

So when you size a tire I would assume you would want your tire to be he intended size at the pressure you’re intending to race with. So if I intend to run a tire @34.25 with 8 pounds of air I need size that tire until I get 34.25 with 8lbs.
So I’ve found that 2-3 lbs of air will grow or Shrink a tire .25” or so. So what’s more important, hitting my stagger size, or my Air Pressure correct?
Tire size and air pressure are not things that should be compromised in my opinion.
Get your tires sized correctly ahead of time so you can run the air pressure needed.
Typically right sides are sized to 34." That is the industry standard that every kart manufacturer uses when developing their chassis.
With that in mind, some tires (treads in specific) are difficult to get to 34," so keeping the right sides equal in circumference is helpful. If both are 34.25, just understand that the left sides will likely be 1/4 larger as well...This affects the ride height, roll center, etc. of the car.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back