Tire pressure

Just a thought here, but if I were running say 3.5 on right and 3 on left, but decided to go with 6 on rights and 5.5 or 5 on lefts wouldn't that make a tire heat up and come in faster? Maxxis blues and pinks.

It would provided the tire still was gripping enough and not just sliding around , and if that were to happen on track in a circumstance where you just tried it right after being out with the low air, good chance the low air was to low never allowing tires to fire off.

It would provided the tire still was gripping enough and not just sliding around , and if that were to happen on track in a circumstance where you just tried it right after being out with the low air, good chance the low air was to low never allowing tires to fire off.
I think that was my issue, not firing off

So a higher air pressure builds more heat? Assuming it is still gripping the track and not sliding. I always thought the opposite, at least in trailer tires low air pressure builds heat until it burst, added surface are and flex causes friction heat.

So a higher air pressure builds more heat? Assuming it is still gripping the track and not sliding. I always thought the opposite, at least in trailer tires low air pressure builds heat until it burst, added surface are and flex causes friction heat.
There's a difference between making heat quicker and max pressure made.

Ok, I guess my question should be, if I'm using tire prep, what should my tires be for psi to make sure I have the best possible grip

Low trailer tire pressures cause the tire carcass to flex, creating excessive heat that degrades the carcass, read sidewall mostly, which ultimately fails.
While this is possible karting, not as likely to happen because of the short sidewall.
Also, tire construction plays a role. Bias ply tires are less susceptable to this type failure than radial tires because if the cross laid plies vs radial construction, which has plies all oriented across the tire.

This is why bias ply tires age better than radials.
Imagine internal prep degrading sidewall structure of a radial tire,causing blowouts.

Low trailer tire pressures cause the tire carcass to flex, creating excessive heat that degrades the carcass, read sidewall mostly, which ultimately fails.
While this is possible karting, not as likely to happen because of the short sidewall.
Also, tire construction plays a role. Bias ply tires are less susceptable to this type failure than radial tires because if the cross laid plies vs radial construction, which has plies all oriented across the tire.

This is why bias ply tires age better than radials.
Imagine internal prep degrading sidewall structure of a radial tire,causing blowouts.
That makes sense. I always appreciate the knowledge base on the site. I have a long ways to go, but I am greatly improved from where I started. Thanks to all for your willingness to share.

That makes sense. I always appreciate the knowledge base on the site. I have a long ways to go, but I am greatly improved from where I started. Thanks to all for your willingness to share.
I do agree and appreciate everybody's comments and inputs even if it's just a "hey"

Back