???Tire Pressures???

Add pressure half lb at a time until it slides then back it down, but remember can't start on higher air you gotta increase as the track gets better
( If it does )

100% on Ken's post. Most likely that's the starting point. I would rather start with grip than start by sliding all over the track.
Plus the tire gotta match the condition if you know it's a little soft you can be higher air, BUT if it's little hard you'll need lower air.

As an example here for Fri night racing track always starts out moist slicked over for heat races, which turns into good grip for features Burris only track 11s prepped OR soaked 33s for Hot laps 4 and 3.5 air, Soaked 33s capped aggressive for heat races 4.5 and 4 lb of air, straight up never prepped 2021s for features 5 and 4.5 lb air.
Now same track for a day race calcium track, 33s with some medium prep 4.5 and 4 lb hot laps, straight up 33s never prepped 5.5 and 5 lb qualifying, more cured older hard never prepped 33s 6.5 and 6 lb race.
That's an average for Sr Clone both cases, then you have rookie classes and predator which you can run air at least 1 lb higher maybe even 2 for rookies, Predator is almost twice as much to race.

Air pressure is also dependent on how much bite you have in your tires. Typically with small plate classes, we try to get up on air to gain roll speed, then add a ton of bite to the tires to gain back our sidebite that was sacrificed with the increase air psi.
Lower HP, lower weight classes typically run more psi.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

As an example here for Fri night racing track always starts out moist slicked over for heat races, which turns into good grip for features Burris only track 11s prepped OR soaked 33s for Hot laps 4 and 3.5 air, Soaked 33s capped aggressive for heat races 4.5 and 4 lb of air, straight up never prepped 2021s for features 5 and 4.5 lb air.
Now same track for a day race calcium track, 33s with some medium prep 4.5 and 4 lb hot laps, straight up 33s never prepped 5.5 and 5 lb qualifying, more cured older hard never prepped 33s 6.5 and 6 lb race.
That's an average for Sr Clone both cases, then you have rookie classes and predator which you can run air at least 1 lb higher maybe even 2 for rookies, Predator is almost twice as much to race.
Your saying a predator class runs twice as much air pressure?Were on Hoosiers in a box stock predator class running 8on rights and 7 on left

Your saying a predator class runs twice as much air pressure?Were on Hoosiers in a box stock predator class running 8on rights and 7 on left
I am pretty sure he is just talking about burris tires because he only mentioned 33's. At the begining of his post he says for a Burris only track. It will be completley different for hoosiers.

Ya for predator, is sr clone running the same tire, if so do you know what air pressures they use.
As pointed out my example was Burris, however maxxis would be close the same and it was ALMOST twice as much.

" Now same track for a day race calcium track, 33s with some medium prep 4.5 and 4 lb hot laps, straight up 33s never prepped 5.5 and 5 lb qualifying, more cured older hard never prepped 33s 6.5 and 6 lb race." .......... What happens if you run older harder prepped 33's with higher air to race with ? mild prep of course nothing too harsh

" Now same track for a day race calcium track, 33s with some medium prep 4.5 and 4 lb hot laps, straight up 33s never prepped 5.5 and 5 lb qualifying, more cured older hard never prepped 33s 6.5 and 6 lb race." .......... What happens if you run older harder prepped 33's with higher air to race with ? mild prep of course nothing too harsh
On a good gripped up track, you would probably get a chemical slide.

Good info guys. Just starting back after 15 years off. I in a stock predator class 330lbs. I was told 3lbs ls and 4lbs rs. I see you guys post with the bigger numbers first, I'm assuming it's still more pressure in ride side than left always? Or did I miss the boat?

Good info guys. Just starting back after 15 years off. I in a stock predator class 330lbs. I was told 3lbs ls and 4lbs rs. I see you guys post with the bigger numbers first, I'm assuming it's still more pressure in ride side than left always? Or did I miss the boat?
Yes if numbers are different always higher number in rights, 3 & 4 lb for a predator is pretty low you'll be leaving roll speed on the table.

Back