Tire Program

kidd1

I have been into karting for about 4 months and I am going to buy new tire and need a tire program. We will be running burris tire on a champ kart and the track most of the time is dry and dusty. If you don't want everyone to see it on here then PM me. I am building a tire roller now and don't know much about the preps either. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Give us a call and we'll do all we can to help you. You can subscribe to our tire and prep program, or we're willing to work with what you've already got. Because of our location in the midwest, Burris tires are probably 75% of our tire cutting and prepping business. You are also welcome to ask away on here. There are a lot of folks like myself who are willing to help on here for free.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I would pick a prep and stay with it. I prefer Trac Tac because there is a lot of info available and and Randy will help if you need help. I would use Black Sand during the week and Orange as a pre race wipe. You can use an internal prep or try SAA- Grape to lower duro

Give us a call and we'll do all we can to help you. You can subscribe to our tire and prep program, or we're willing to work with what you've already got. Because of our location in the midwest, Burris tires are probably 75% of our tire cutting and prepping business. You are also welcome to ask away on here. There are a lot of folks like myself who are willing to help on here for free.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I would be taking Brians offer to help you...

Ok say i use the burris prep or the black sand prep when do i put it on? During the week do i need to roll in on or wipe it on? If i roll it on when and for how long? Thanks

No need to roll the prep as most of the good bite agents are the last thing to be absorbed into the tire. On Burris if the track is pretty low bite I would wipe the tire 2-3 times early in the week and let the tires sit until race day. On race day you can use as a PRW also but will need cut back with acrysol...(atleast the Black Sand needs cut back 50/50)

Wipe or spray on black sand 2 or 3 times on Monday and Tuesday for Racing Saturday night. Allow black sand to dry before applying next coat. Then apply Orange before heats and feature at track. Let Orange dry before racing.

Back