Tire Question

Say I normally run 4/5 PSI on go kart tires with maxxis ht3 pink and blues. Say the track normally calls for a 50 duro tire and that is when the 4/5 psi are good.
Now say the track is wet and needs more of a softer duro tire but you cant drop the tire to where it needs to be duro wise. Will an air change help in even the littlest bit or is the duro the only factor on having a fast tire that day?

I thought so but wasnt sure. Thanks guys! I wish they made a chart for like what tire you have and what duro you need to match the certain track condition. Anything like that on no goats? Like something that you can find what duro and stuff is best for a certain type of track? or anyone willing to share on where you should be at on duro with a Pink and Blue maxxis.

I thought so but wasnt sure. Thanks guys! I wish they made a chart for like what tire you have and what duro you need to match the certain track condition. Anything like that on no goats? Like something that you can find what duro and stuff is best for a certain type of track? or anyone willing to share on where you should be at on duro with a Pink and Blue maxxis.
A tire fresh rolled with a duro at 50-52, verses a month old rolled tire at 50-52, verses a 2 month old rolled tire at 50-52....3 completely different tires on the track yet all have the same duro.
Experience, experience, experience CAN become your chart. Concentrate more on age of tire than at what duro the tire needs to be.
Wet soft tracks, is where you do need to worry somewhat more about duro, say below a 40, after you get a good knowledge based experiences.

And remember, the best in the country, dont always get it right everytime.

Fresh tire juiced up with an aggressive PRW is most often fastest with Maxxis on a track like that. If you can run another tire, Vega Yellows would be a good choice, even the old Hoosier FK or D30A. For Maxxis, the White looks promising when we're able to get them in again.

Like Earl said, experience wins the tire decision, and the best tire decision often win the race. No chart can do that for you.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The track I run at is a mainly maxxis track. about 5 people run something other than maxxis and usually I hear the hoosiers just don't work on that type of track for some reason. I am on a good prep program but ya know I always have questions like these because I am curious about how some things turn out if I am messing with tires. I like to get a few opinions sometimes before I try an experiment on a fresh set of tires. I plan on trying some white maxxis pretty soon.

Back