Tire questions

How much internal prep should be ran down in fl track in jr classes verses Sr classes. And do you use more internal prep if you want a softer tire??

How much internal prep should be ran down in fl track in jr classes verses Sr classes. And do you use more internal prep if you want a softer tire??
The amount of internal depends on the class, but Jr needs more internal than adults.
Softer depends on what you are trying to accomplish, but i dont soften from the inside. I use the correct amount of internal for the class, and if needing softer than a fresh tire, id wipe some prep externally.

When the track calls for it.
:LOL: Probably not the answer he's looking for, Earl, but you are right.

DnD, there's no "one answer fits all" scenario. What works best for someone else may not always be best for your driver, chassis, set-up, class, etc.
That's what makes dirt track racing such a challenge. Then to complicate it even more, the track is always changing and you have to keep on top of that as well. A "generalization" might be softer/lower grip tracks like fresh tires and harder bite-up tracks like cured out tires. Then I've seen guys fly on soft tracks with broken down several race old goated up tires. If it were easy, we'd all win every race, and obviously that's not happening.

Its just something that comes from experience, knowing when to do what. Lots of times its just trying a fresh vs. a few weeks old, or even a 6 or 9 week old, etc. to see which is faster.
Then as Brian mentioned above, the track can change which can effect your tire choice as well.

Needing to know what think about 50/50 grape and goat pee mixed just for outside for tires that are just to hard and needs get soft quick and I did 50/50 sqs and gk1 mixed for outside as well but looking for mix for inside that I can do with grape what can I mix with grape 50/50 for inside on maxxis and temperature range from 45 to 75 degrees

Needing to know what think about 50/50 grape and goat pee mixed just for outside for tires that are just to hard and needs get soft quick and I did 50/50 sqs and gk1 mixed for outside as well but looking for mix for inside that I can do with grape what can I mix with grape 50/50 for inside on maxxis and temperature range from 45 to 75 degrees
new or re-roll?

Hot lap 2 . Or a trac tac internal . Would be safe .
Anything else would be a crap shoot .
Best would be advice and product from Earl or Brian . Any one in the area who are prep knowledgeable .
No good reason to ruin multiple tires with experimental stuff . At this point .

Our Pink Panther is our "go-to" for soft internal. Work the tire the rest of the way down to where you want it in duro with our Monster Bite externally.
I can't comment too much on some other brands - it would be best to contact them directly.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back