Tire Resurfacer quick change hub

PrimeTime

I'm planning to build a tire resurfacing machine.

I'm looking for a rear hub, with either 1" or 1 1/4" bore that has a quick change vs using lug nuts to hold the wheel on the hub.

I saw one yesterday, it used a std rear hub with the 1/4" studs, you put the wheel on and then there was a round plate with three holes that slid over the three studs and held the wheel in place, the axle was solid round stock and drilled and tapped for a 3/8" coarse bolt, they used a thumb screw knob to hold the round plate and wheel tight to the hub.

The guy said he bought the axle and hub here on 4cycle.

Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Thanks

Attachments

• Tire Resurface axle.jpg
    Tire Resurface axle.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 446
Not the same design as you describe, but I have something you could use. I am not near home today but will send you a photo within the next couple of days. Will sell cheap, I have a few. ooops I just re-read what you want and I do not have one....It is a quick change sprocket hub.

On my machine I have a solid axle with threads on the end. I took a nut and welded it inside a piece of pipe that the OD hit the rim and sits inside the studs on the hub (did that make sense) Srews on the thread and holds the rim on.....very quick

On my machine I have a solid axle with threads on the end. I took a nut and welded it inside a piece of pipe that the OD hit the rim and sits inside the studs on the hub (did that make sense) Srews on the thread and holds the rim on.....very quick
Yes, I understand, I saw one similar to that design but used a bolt welded to the center of the capped pipe end that threaded into a solid axle that was drilled and tapped.

Here is a better view of the quick change hub that I'm looking for.

It uses a std hear hub, but has the flange that slides over the wheel studs that is held in place with a thumb screw. The axle is solid and drilled and tapped on the end where the thumb screw threads in.

Attachments

• Tire Grinder Hub.jpg
    Tire Grinder Hub.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 533
I used 2 rear hubs , left the studs in one and turned the other backwards to hold the wheel tight,(of course I had to machine the center part off of one ) then I used the nut , spring and cone off of an old cylinder hone to put pressure on it. I cant post a pic here but I can text anyone a picture of it that wants to see it. I actually used a drill press turned sideways to put it on to surface my tires,, got about 50 bucks in it and it does great

Back