Tire rolling

JDRACE

Getting set to do internal prep on Vegas. Tires are mounted. My question is do I need to get staggers done before or after rolling? Or does it matter when I get stagger set?

Getting set to do internal prep on Vegas. Tires are mounted. My question is do I need to get staggers done before or after rolling? Or does it matter when I get stagger set?
I set the staggers while they are rolling. The internal generally helps size the tire with air pressure. (ie if a tire sizes small before putting prep in it, then I put in my internal prep and over-inflate the tire by as much over the desired size as it currently sits under.) Let'r roll for 24 hours, drop the air to race pressures and see where I'm at and resize if needed.
Now, if you need to size a bunch, I would size them before rolling or after. You don't want a ton of air in a tire (or have it flat) while rolling internal as the prep won't disperse the same across the contact patch and shoulders as it does at race pressures.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If the right sides are small, I air them up to 34" if they stagger fine I set them at 7. LR and LF I set at 4 psi and let roll.
The main thing is to stay consistent, and everyone seems to do it just a little different. I know setting the tire at 34" it's not going to stay at that size after rolling. So I'll air it down after 24-48 depending on Internal. Recheck where I'm at them I blow them up 1/4- 3/8 bigger than what I want the right side to be. That's what I let them sit at. Monday of the race recheck them. If I need to bump them up a little more I do. Once you get your system figured out you'll be fine.

Race pressure if you can.
If tires need sized, that's also a good time to size them (within reason) as the internal prep will help the sizing process. (see my post above)

I'd want to have sized real close at race pressure before rolling, so internal prep total cubic inch coverage area inside the tire stays more consistent.

Back