Tire rules for PA tracks in 2023

Snydersville Raceway will be Burris Tire track again for 2023.
Oreville Kart Club will be open tire except for Road Course 206 Classes & Vintage Yamaha Limited. 206 Classes are allowed 6.0x5 & 4.60x5 Vega VAH, Hoosier R70, Maxxis Prime, and MG Reds. Vintage Yamaha is the same tire rule as 206's minus the Vega Tire and allowed to 7.10x5 Tires on the Rear.

I’m not that familiar with the reaper tires. How long do they last? When do you see the speed fall off and need to purchase new ones? I think we’ll see after the season is over if the fast guys are purchasing new tires every month for the reaper money series.

Only in PA do you need 20 sets of multiple brands of tires. Burris is by far the worst tire. Nothing about a Burris rule makes karting affordable and honestly makes it more costly to be competitive. #junkrubber
If not burris what tire would you recommend?

Vegas 😻 they used to rip around sville, Hoosier d10s weren’t too bad there either way back in the day but a little more obvious.

I’m all for the reapers and cobras (haven’t personally seen either one yet), but I did buy into Kings back in 2011, seemed like a good tire but it never went anywhere then up and vanished. I ran them on a stock Yamaha against Sudams and Wankels running maxxis vegas and whatever else and faired pretty good on a hard day time track (old Shellhammers).

I can't for the life of me even begin to figure out how anyone could say this with a straight face. Especially someone racing Snyderville on a Friday night where Burris 11s is all that is needed and two sets would get you through a 20 race season.
When was the last time you raced there? The 11 days were great but are mostly gone now. I mostly race maxxis these days

I can't for the life of me even begin to figure out how anyone could say this with a straight face. Especially someone racing Snyderville on a Friday night where Burris 11s is all that is needed and two sets would get you through a 20 race season.
Still Burris SS-11s for like 70%-80% of the season but there are nights and days we get on SS-33s now. But still only need ~3 sets of tires for a full season of racing at the Ville. And whatever isn't junk, you can start on for next year. In terms of other tires, Vegas wax any tire even on asphalt against Maxxis, MGs, and Hoosiers of the similar compounds.

Only in PA do you need 20 sets of multiple brands of tires. Burris is by far the worst tire. Nothing about a Burris rule makes karting affordable and honestly makes it more costly to be competitive. #junkrubber
You can't only pin Burris. All manufacturers (Vega, Hoosier, Maxxis) are suffering from 2 similar problems which are cure time and supply availability. An example is Vega Reds for Road Course would last 3/4 of the season. Now they are junk after 5-6 races since they changed something in the compound. And Burris is trying to make as many tires as possible but the demand is so great that once they are made, they are shipped ASAP. This leads to tires not getting enough cure time which can shorten the life of the tire. Heck, even road tires for our cars/trucks don't even last. I still think Burris is great at the local level and they kick a lot back to the racers at the end of the season that most people forget. And on Asphalt, it's VEGA or nothing. Yes, the wear sucks right now but they are fast and easy to work with. Until things normalize this is what we have.

Still Burris SS-11s for like 70%-80% of the season but there are nights and days we get on SS-33s now. But still only need ~3 sets of tires for a full season of racing at the Ville. And whatever isn't junk, you can start on for next year. In terms of other tires, Vegas wax any tire even on asphalt against Maxxis, MGs, and Hoosiers of the similar compounds.
More like 30% at best. Both 22's and 33's have been significantly faster for the past 2-3 years, and even when a 11 will work you still need 2's and 3's in the trailer. NOBODY running up front is starting on last year's tires lol.

Yes! It is pinned on Burris. From covid on they were the tire that was near impossible to get. Never had an issue with other brands and we race year round.

What does Burris give back? A set of gloves, a cheap neck collar, and 2 right side tires to the point champion? Lol one of the Maxxis helmets is worth more than that.

Slowest tire that needs the most work. Sorry not sorry imo Burris tires are junk.

More like 30% at best. Both 22's and 33's have been significantly faster for the past 2-3 years, and even when a 11 will work you still need 2's and 3's in the trailer. NOBODY running up front is starting on last year's tires lol.

Yes! It is pinned on Burris. From covid on they were the tire that was near impossible to get. Never had an issue with other brands and we race year round.

What does Burris give back? A set of gloves, a cheap neck collar, and 2 right side tires to the point champion? Lol one of the Maxxis helmets is worth more than that.

Slowest tire that needs the most work. Sorry not sorry imo Burris tires are junk.
Unfortunately somethings never change
You do realize your telling the guy that owns the place he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Unfortunately somethings never change
You do realize your telling the guy that owns the place he doesn't know what he's talking about
So because you run a place you can't be wrong or mistaken?

I dunno if you come to the ville but Alex has his hands full on a Friday night. He is normally focused on running the show not what tires everyone is running. I'm not saying anything about him or the ville. To be honest it's one of my favorite tracks and I consider it my home track. Most of the racers from there were at my Dad's funeral and considered him family.

I race there and have won many championships there. The year we had 18 plus karts weekly in clone I won 11 in a row lost 1 and then won 3 more in a row all on a GKS clone and new 11's every 2 races lol. I also won the first thunder on the ville flathead and clone races on a borrowed GKS flathead On 33's.

The 2 sets of 11's a year was before the calcium was introduced. The ville gets hard for most of the year.

I guess you're right though. Some things don't change, Burris rubber took a lot of work years ago, and they still take a ton of work now.

I guess you're right though. Some things don't change, Burris rubber took a lot of work years ago, and they still take a ton of work now.
News Flash If anyone is going to race karts and run up front at any track, and regardless which brand tire, it's going to require a lot of work Hrs spent in the shop, You never get something for nothing out of life.
To put it out there like Burris tires require a lot more work than other brands and wear out quicker is just simply not TRUE.
If you were to use a Vegas vs 11, 22, Burris, they would require same amount of effort outside, but in the end more effort for most because the Vegas need Internal, and would last about the same.
Maxxis vs 33,55, more outside work, more Internal, race them once flip them, run them again and TOSS em
As far as Burris 33s go, which is what works around here everywhere now, ( and the Ville you describe now should be the same ) once you figure out how fresh of a 33, It's cut them bolt em on and race, NO PREP so that sure doesn't turn into more work.

Guess I'll just have to ask for forgiveness of my sin, instead of trying to figure out WHY it just bugs me to no end to see the guys that only come on here and post how terrible a certain something is. That's the somethings never change part.

News Flash If anyone is going to race karts and run up front at any track, and regardless which brand tire, it's going to require a lot of work Hrs spent in the shop, You never get something for nothing out of life.
To put it out there like Burris tires require a lot more work than other brands and wear out quicker is just simply not TRUE.
If you were to use a Vegas vs 11, 22, Burris, they would require same amount of effort outside, but in the end more effort for most because the Vegas need Internal, and would last about the same.
Maxxis vs 33,55, more outside work, more Internal, race them once flip them, run them again and TOSS em
As far as Burris 33s go, which is what works around here everywhere now, ( and the Ville you describe now should be the same ) once you figure out how fresh of a 33, It's cut them bolt em on and race, NO PREP so that sure doesn't turn into more work.

Guess I'll just have to ask for forgiveness of my sin, instead of trying to figure out WHY it just bugs me to no end to see the guys that only come on here and post how terrible a certain something is. That's the somethings never change part

You see 6 I see 9. Doesn't mean you're wrong and I'm right. "News flash" opinions are allowed lol. I can feel that Burris rule is junk (cause it is) and you can think it's the best thing for karting (it's not). Not sure why you have such an issue.

I own 3 businesses and run 1 for another entity, and race year round up and down the east coast. please don't tell me about work ethic, I have no problem with rewards to effort...

Burris is unnecessary work because they come from the molds out of round with deformities. Lack of quality control. We cut most of the rubber off just to get them round. Vega thick or thins come with a decent profile. Maxxis come with a decent profile. Apparently the reapers come to the racer pretty decent (from what I hear).

The tire rule is to help the budget racer. Please explain how they keep can keep up on tires that have no chance out of the package?

Hunterstown is open tire and everyone runs maxxis in a Burris brand dominant geographical area. Why do you think that is?

Back