Tire sanding

I would personally think with as soft as tires can be these days scotch brite would cause debris (scotch brite lint) to get stuck/embeded in the tires but i might be wrong on that.... Now i DO use scotch brite to wash tires at the track tho works GREAT!

Red Scotch brite before after

Attachments

• 47824.jpeg
    47824.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 47826.jpeg
    47826.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 318
Any of ya'll use the rubber finger pads . More of a cleaning tool .
I use them and get them from Waller. They are the best thing since sliced bread. I have used sand paper, pads, and everything you can think of. The green pad from Waller is the best. I use it at the track and at home after races.

Hey guys,

Hoping to get some help. I'll call Brian later today. I recently bought a tire cutter. Im getting the cuts I want but my finishing needs work. Now I have only had the cutter a week.is it normal to spend another 20 30 minutes with the buffer smoothing out? And I notice what looks like a 500 grit finish on the tires of competitors here in Carolina. I think my finish lead to too much heat locked me down iwas on a 120grit finish. Im new to the cutting sanding so any and all advise welcome. Also which coolant I tried methanol water windex I think best I've used so far is babyshampoo and water. Thanks for any help

Our burris after a cut is 120, then 250 grit, then scotch brite pad. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get a good finish after cutting
Awesome exactly the info im looking for making sure I'm on the right track. What do you use for coolant lube. I got to play around. Are you using belt sander or grinder flapper wheel or buffer or orbital. Im playing around with all of them but trying to get to save money lol. Thanks again.

Awesome exactly the info im looking for making sure I'm on the right track. What do you use for coolant lube. I got to play around. Are you using belt sander or grinder flapper wheel or buffer or orbital. Im playing around with all of them but trying to get to save money lol. Thanks again.

I use a polisher/buffer with a variable speed dial, and i use the hook n loop pads from harbor freight. I like the variable speed so I can slow it down to create less heat.

I use windshield washing fluid or straight methanol.

Cool I have the buffer and have 120. I need to get 220 much appreciated just take some more practice. I've done good so far just didnt go to 220. Ill pick some up.

Back