tire sizes

tiny9381

I run a high banked track and was wondering what should i run on right sides 8.00 or 9.00s new to this tire stuff and trying to learn

I run a high banked track and was wondering what should i run on right sides 8.00 or 9.00s new to this tire stuff and trying to learn
lots of variables in that equation. Track, weight, class, kart are all needed to make any kind of informed decision. But even with all of those, in the end, it will be up to you to test them and find what's best for you.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.
(Al Nunley)

There is no variables in that decision Al, the 8.00 isnt even being made anymore.
The 9.00 is a faster tire.
if there are no 8.00's, how can the 9.00's be "faster"? lol Faster than what?

And of course there are always "variables" when trying to decide which tire to run. Not the least of which is, is the tire available. Apparently, the author of the original post was not aware of that fact. I certainly was not aware of that fact. In light of that, (there are no 8.00 tires) I suppose I should withdraw my post?

(Al Nunley)

if there are no 8.00's, how can the 9.00's be "faster"? lol Faster than what?

And of course there are always "variables" when trying to decide which tire to run. Not the least of which is, is the tire available. Apparently, the author of the original post was not aware of that fact. I certainly was not aware of that fact. In light of that, (there are no 8.00 tires) I suppose I should withdraw my post?

(Al Nunley)

Didnt say there was no 8.00 tires, i said they arent being made anymore, still plenty around.

Didnt say there was no 8.00 tires, i said they arent being made anymore, still plenty around.
you see what happens when you "assume"? When you said, there are no variables because they don't make that tire anymore, "I assumed" that meant there were no 8.00 tires available. So, in fact, if there are 8.00's available, there are variables to consider to make the decision between the two sizes.

(Al Nunley)

Al, your arguing with one of the best tire guys in the southeast, thats like arguing with a brick wall and expecting it to answer you back lol. Listen yo what Earl said, the 8.00 tire aren't made anymore, the ones that are still out there will be slow compared to a new 9.00 tire, if you know anything at all about maxxis tires you would know a new tire will always be faster than one that is a couple years old. I don't even use maxxis and I know that lol.

you see what happens when you "assume"? When you said, there are no variables because they don't make that tire anymore, "I assumed" that meant there were no 8.00 tires available. So, in fact, if there are 8.00's available, there are variables to consider to make the decision between the two sizes.

(Al Nunley)

Like talking to a brick wall. Ill leave it at that.

sometimes the logic is so precise, it leaves you without words to contradict it. At this point it is common to insult the other person with disparage remarks. "Like talking to a brick wall." And I could say the same, but I won't.

I gave the answer in my first post here. Maybe you argue that because you are the one without the PROPER words or KNOWLEDGE to contradict it, and we all know you dont have the knowledge.

Mount up a set of 9.00's - you won't regret it.
still you have no answer to the question. Apparently you are so smart only a fool would disagree with you. From your sig. I would expect more from you!! If you were really interested in helping the OP, instead of attacking me, you might have given some rhyme or reason to your choice of tire.

(Al Nunley)

What are you trying to prove here Al? You have no knowledge of these tires at all and Brian and Earl do nothing but work on tires all day long every day. They are talking about tires, not spreadsheets.

The 900's are faster because they are wider than the 800's. Maybe you would know that if you actually raced, or actually listened to people on here instead of always trying to argue.

The OP asked if the 800's or the 900's would be faster and Brian and Earl both said that the 900's are faster. They are always faster, if they weren't faster tires, people would still be running the old 800's. But they don't run 800's because they aren't as fast. Brian and Earl already know this, maybe you should get out to a track and learn from 1st hand experience instead of always arguing. Nobody minds people trying not knowing an answer and trying to learn, but constantly being told the answers and constantly REFUSING to listen or to learn is just pure ignorance.

What are you trying to prove here Al? You have no knowledge of these tires at all and Brian and Earl do nothing but work on tires all day long every day. They are talking about tires, not spreadsheets.
lots of variables in that equation. Track, weight, class, kart are all needed to make any kind of informed decision. But even with all of those, in the end, it will be up to you to test them and find what's best for you.

show me in this post where I recommended anything other than testing. There was also a request, by me, for more information. More information so the really smart people, (excluding you) could better answer his question. Notice also there are no mention of tires in that post, other than he needs to test them.

I can't believe how you can go running off at the mouth like this while having never read the post! Apparently, I believe. I could be wrong. But I see no evidence of it.

show me in this post where I recommended anything other than testing. There was also a request, by me, for more information. More information so the really smart people, (excluding you) could better answer his question. Notice also there are no mention of tires in that post, other than he needs to test them.

I can't believe how you can go running off at the mouth like this while having never read the post! Apparently, I believe. I could be wrong. But I see no evidence of it.

Actually Al, all the testing had already been done years ago. That's why the 9.00 replaced the 8.00. Its just a faster all around tire. Track doesn't matter. Class doesn't matter. Kart doesn't matter. The 9.00 can always be made to be faster. It's just the nature of the tire. Brian wasn't attacking you. Brian doesn't attack anyone. It's not in his nature to do so. Never has been that I can tell from all the years I've been on here. He's one of the good guys around here.

Back