Tire Stagger

Mrdavid78

I know this question can go all over the board but here goes.. What do yall "normally" run for tire stagger -on burriss 33s - clay/dirt oval - 1/10th of a mile or less. With track surfaces varing..

alvin l nunley

Premium User
measured across the infield, measure the width of the track, measure the width of your rear end, the width of both tires, it can then be calculated. maybe not exactly, but very very close. Much better than guessing.

Attachments

• aaa stagger_1 50.jpg
    aaa stagger_1 50.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 18
That much huh ?? Is that what u run for front & back ??
...and I wouldn't be afraid to even run more rear stagger, depending on how the kart was turning in.
There are a couple 1/10 mi. tracks (backyard) that we've worked with guys that are successfully running 2 - 2 1/4" inches of rear stagger. The trouble becomes getting the LR small enough at that point. 1 1/2" would be the minimum I would expect to run on that small of a track, as we run that much on considerably larger tracks.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

jaymancds

Premium User
Personal rule of thumb, start at 1.5" and adjust up or down from there.

XXX#40

2A supporter
...and I wouldn't be afraid to even run more rear stagger, depending on how the kart was turning in.
There are a couple 1/10 mi. tracks (backyard) that we've worked with guys that are successfully running 2 - 2 1/4" inches of rear stagger. The trouble becomes getting the LR small enough at that point. 1 1/2" would be the minimum I would expect to run on that small of a track, as we run that much on considerably larger tracks.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
LF for LR 😉

LF for LR 😉
Yea, but then you lose some drive up off the corner. 8 3/4" wheel and heat/cold shrink the snot out of them and you'll eventually get there with a 6.00. I haven't tried a 2021 LR that small yet. Every one I've mounted so far has been slightly big (33" on 8 1/2".)