Tire temp readings

I was probably never on the right tire. Our races are short as far as I am concerned. I tried to get the owner to do a 20 lap feature but no luck.

I was probably never on the right tire. Our races are short as far as I am concerned. I tried to get the owner to do a 20 lap feature but no luck.
We do 10 lap heats and 15 lap features more times than not, and when I pick the right set of tires I can always feel heat in them.

What kind of info can you tell from taking the temperature of all four tires as soon as you get off the track? I took readings for the first time and was just woundering what I could accomplish with this info.
thanks in advance
Honestly you only need to take tire and brake temps if you do asphalt racing, in dirt racing you really don't use the brake that much, the wet dirt cools the tires, there more likely to heat up in the rubber down but not hot like asphalt racing would be, boy I did asphalt once as a test to try it out and boy I almost burned my hand after feeling the brakes & tires

Last night the guy driving my clone kart was passing underneath a guy who had dropped his RR tire off the straight and shot back across the track and hit my kart in the RR wheel, spinning him clockwise off the end of the straight with a tire that had come off the bead. He re entered the track not realizing the tire was flat and just kept going (although a bit off pace}. When he came off the track a couple laps later the tire had sort of re-beaded itself due to heat that had built up in the tire, which was very warm. Never have seen anything like it.

Back