tire temps

krtrcn

does anyone that races dirt really look at tire temps, or do you pay more attention to the condition of the tire when it comes off the track.

Pretty much only to confirm a certain tire being over worked and that's just by feel, on dirt most just look at condition of the tire or more than temps look at pressure gains as soon as kart leaves the scales.

I'd agree. You can tell by feel of the hand after a race which corner of the car is working the hardest. For some, a thermal gun is easier, and gives you a "recordable" set of data rather than just a "feeling." I get that. We monitored tire temps when doing tire testing very closely. They revealed some interesting things, but probably very little that transfers to a night of racing.

With that said, more data is not a bad thing....just knowing how to use it is the key.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

does anyone that races dirt really look at tire temps, or do you pay more attention to the condition of the tire when it comes off the track.
Tire temps are only a guide. If you take tire temps over a period of time, establishing a pattern, they can be a guide to when you are doing something right or doing something wrong. F1 teams go to a lot of trouble to acquire on track tire temperature information. I find that very interesting.

Back