Tire washer pumps

What's going on fellas i would like too get info on pumps being used in single tire washers. I have read some using RV pumps, submersible pumps, electric pumps from electric pressure washers and so on. What are pumps yall have used and know work well and where did y'all get them? I will really appreciate the info and help.

I have a pump from a small garden fountain for mine. I just had it laying around in my stash of stuff. Think it came from home depot or Lowe's. It's fairly low pressure. But moves plenty of water.

I have a pump from a small garden fountain for mine. I just had it laying around in my stash of stuff. Think it came from home depot or Lowe's. It's fairly low pressure. But moves plenty of water.
U have it ran with pvc with holes drilled in it or nozzles?

My setup is sorta different than most I have seen... I have the water plumbed into a coolant tube for a machining tool (mill). It's all packed away... Let me see if I can find any pictures or video

here is a video i uploaded. probably not the design you are looking to build but im happy with how it works and the multi function of it.

EDIT: the water is way choked back by a valve in this video. at full power it will throw water out of my "capture unit" also you have to manually hold the brush on the tire and not get your arm ripped off. it sure beats the heck out of scrubbing by hand.

I used a pump very similar to this in the bucket: https://www.homedepot.com/p/BECKETT-90-GPH-Submersible-Fountain-Pump-M60HD/100046313?

Last edited:
here is a video i uploaded. probably not the design you are looking to build but im happy with how it works and the multi function of it.

EDIT: the water is way choked back by a valve in this video. at full power it will throw water out of my "capture unit" also you have to manually hold the brush on the tire and not get your arm ripped off. it sure beats the heck out of scrubbing by hand.

I used a pump very similar to this in the bucket: https://www.homedepot.com/p/BECKETT-90-GPH-Submersible-Fountain-Pump-M60HD/100046313?
Looks good and you able too use it for multi use. Thank you for the info and video. What I have at mind go try pull it off my self is stand up tubb with high pressure water that spins the tire on a bearing and quick mount on the free spinning bearing for taking tire on and off.
My setup is sorta different than most I have seen... I have the water plumbed into a coolant tube for a machining tool (mill). It's all packed away... Let me see if I can find any pictures or video
May I ask what size electric motor are you using?

Looks good and you able too use it for multi use. Thank you for the info and video. What I have at mind go try pull it off my self is stand up tubb with high pressure water that spins the tire on a bearing and quick mount on the free spinning bearing for taking tire on and off.

May I ask what size electric motor are you using?
It's also something I had laying around... Tag reads 1/3hp

I used a old truck tool box, with a sump pump off amazon that pushes like 4500 gph with a water tank heater from tractor supply. Works really well and it’s nice in the winter with the hot water. I’ll get some pics of it and try to post them here. I got maybe $150 in it. I want to find what pump they are using to do the high pressure washer.

It's also something I had laying around... Tag reads 1/3hp
Yes sir.
I used a old truck tool box, with a sump pump off amazon that pushes like 4500 gph with a water tank heater from tractor supply. Works really well and it’s nice in the winter with the hot water. I’ll get some pics of it and try to post them here. I got maybe $150 in it. I want to find what pump they are using to do the high pressure washer.
Sounds like it works! I wanna make it too where I don't have to scrub the tire just throw it in washer let it high pressure water wash pull then out and dry. How is the pressure on yours

Yes sir.

Sounds like it works! I wanna make it too where I don't have to scrub the tire just throw it in washer let it high pressure water wash pull then out and dry. How is the pressure on yours
Well I take a sponge and wipe them down just before I turn the pump on. Cleans them really well. The heat from the water drys the tires for you when you take them out.

This is the pump I used
8B1559CF-AC36-45EF-BDFA-CDBCF1B1E118.png

Small pressure washer pump is what is in mine, 1.4 GPM and 1600 psi. And ceramic bearings and a normal 5/8 hub and spray it with triflow when you wash it out every week.

Back