Tire washer

Bandmn

I am looking at wanting to make a tire washer like this, the hardest thing i see is making the tires turn. Any ideas on this? I was thinking about maybe using a submersible sump pump and taking the pump side out if the equation and just using the motor part to turn the tires.

It would have to be a chain or belt driven system in the bottom running across all 4. A small V belt and some pulleys would be cheap and effective I'd think, nice piece tho! Is that a truck tool box it's made from?

It would have to be a chain or belt driven system in the bottom running across all 4. A small V belt and some pulleys would be cheap and effective I'd think, nice piece tho! Is that a truck tool box it's made from?

Yes it is and i have 1 already... Not the typical "T" shaped one this one is rectangle and perfect for this project

Most manufactured wash systems use the water to turn the tires, like a jet system. Tires sit on plastic or sealed hubs, and water nozzles are adjusted and set to turn the tires as the water is sprayed onto them.

ok so my mind has been cranking lately and i read somewhere (either on here or on youtube) i cant seem to find it. who ever said that they used an electric pressure washer with 4 nozzles and that it dropped the pressure too much and didnt work. So my solution is this to use this https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5HP-Subm...704526&hash=item544e24841b:g:dTMAAOSw74Rd083e . I looked at some electric power washers and used the figure of 2.8GPM and with 8 nozzles (2 per tire) @ 2.8GPM would require 1344 GPH so i have plenty left in reserve. Im not a liquid engineer so if im wrong by this please let me know.

Last edited:
This type of pump will have plenty of flow, but flow is not what is needed to clean deeply. A high pressure ,low flow system is what is required which means you must use a piston type pump. You just have to engineer the rest of the system around it. Forget about doing 4 at a time, my single washer will do 4 in less time than you can dry them anyway.

This type of pump will have plenty of flow, but flow is not what is needed to clean deeply. A high pressure ,low flow system is what is required which means you must use a piston type pump. You just have to engineer the rest of the system around it. Forget about doing 4 at a time, my single washer will do 4 in less time than you can dry them anyway.
pm sent

1576114241367.png

ok so this is what i have drawn up so far

i have searched all over and cant find NO info on what im looking for as far as making the jet portion of this. im at a stand still due to not being able to use pressure washer tips for the jetting. the reason im going for a 4 banger washer is because i already have the box to use unless i just use that for a hotbox and use something else

Attachments

• ResizerImage700X933.jpg
    ResizerImage700X933.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 21
i have searched all over and cant find NO info on what im looking for as far as making the jet portion of this. im at a stand still due to not being able to use pressure washer tips for the jetting. the reason im going for a 4 banger washer is because i already have the box to use unless i just use that for a hotbox and use something else
I'd use that for a hot box, don't think it will work near as good doing 4 tires at 1 time.

Back