Tire Wear Rates / Replacement Needs

ok, so i am finally getting my lap times down, and not spinning all the time, it seems that my LR tire is wearing the fastest for sure. i assume this is normal? sorry if this is a stupid question, but it seemed to me the right side tires would wear the fastest.

ok, so i am finally getting my lap times down, and not spinning all the time, it seems that my LR tire is wearing the fastest for sure. i assume this is normal? sorry if this is a stupid question, but it seemed to me the right side tires would wear the fastest.
Usually just the inside edges of the RS tires. Compare shape to the outside shoulder if they havent been flipped

Im confused . Why would the left front wear out before the left rear ?
High cross and high left is the normal setup. This causes high left rear wear rates ?
I'm with nate the great the left rear tire wears the most .

High cross and high left is the normal setup. This causes high left rear wear rates ?
The arguments here sound backwards to me. I wear left rears hard, followed by the rights. I haven't bought a left front in a year and a half. IMO the left front is just along for the ride. The other 3 are the ones doing the work. Chalk up another with high wear left rear.

You definitely have something going on, we used the same left rear tire for years. We would replace rights and left fronts. What tires you on ? Setup numbers ? Chassis ?
I can’t recall my exact set up numbers.. im still kinda new, the local track parts/set up person helped me scale it.
I do run super heavy, and am 435-440 without adding weight.. but my numbers were good according to him..
I think my cross was like 53%
And I also just thought if, I run my LR 1psi lower than the front to get my cross correct, since I can’t move weight w my fat butt in the kart..
So that also my be accelerating my tire wear..
I’ve been getting loose mid turn and coming out of the turns.. I going to make some rear adjustment and gauge how that helps

I can’t recall my exact set up numbers.. im still kinda new, the local track parts/set up person helped me scale it.
I do run super heavy, and am 435-440 without adding weight.. but my numbers were good according to him..
And I also just thought if, I run my LR 1psi lower than the front to get my cross correct, since I can’t move weight w my fat butt in the kart..
I’ve been getting loose mid turn and coming out of the turns.. I going to make some rear adjustment and gauge how that helps
More times than not an exit issue is cause by an entry problem.

The arguments here sound backwards to me. I wear left rears hard, followed by the rights. I haven't bought a left front in a year and a half. IMO the left front is just along for the ride. The other 3 are the ones doing the work. Chalk up another with high wear left rear.
Asphalt, you run low cross with high left and higher nose than dirt, also lower caster. It wears on the LF. 10 very successful years on asphalt ovals i’m telling ya we wore out left fronts.

51-53% cross is good.
What tires are you on ?

Asphalt, you run low cross with high left and higher nose than dirt, also lower caster. It wears on the LF. 10 very successful years on asphalt ovals i’m telling ya we wore out left fronts.
We did coke syrup sucssefully and the lf was an issue there as well .
On dirt i belive its different .
I have no doubt your correct . Asphalt would wear the lft front .

Is this asphalt ?
Apperantly so with the 53% cross ?

We did coke syrup sucssefully and the lf was an issue there as well .
On dirt i belive its different .
I have no doubt your correct . Asphalt would wear the lft front .
Is this asphalt ?
Apperantly so with the 53% cross ?
Love the syrup, hate that the kart counts have dropped so bad the last few years.
I hope so he posted in the Asphalt oval section lol

did you wear out left fronts more than the other 3?

UPDATE: AFTER 3 MONTHS
I (super heavy) have not been running, so cant tell you how mine are wearing
Rookie Nephew Ayden "The Shark" has been burning up the track,
CROSS: 61%
Left Side 55%
kart is handling GREAT, won last 4 races, new best lap times.

LR & RF are notably wearing the quickest after 2-months, i just wait until i see one wearing, on the right i just rotate them, on the left i dismount them and rotate them, seems to keep them wearing evenly to the set of 4 this way

Back